Zetopan help

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Smokedaddy

Zetopan help

Post by Smokedaddy »

Looking for some help. My Zetopan has a LED setup from retroDIODE. I'm trying to figure out what is causing the hotspot in the center and how to fix it. The hot spot doesn't show up when looking through the binoculars at the diatom. It appears when flipping the switch for the camera and viewing the diatom on the LCD screen and of course taking a photo. I'm using a Reichert Pk5x relay lens in my setup. I'm totally lost on how to resolve this. The first photo is from the camera, the second is a cell phone photo taken through the eyepiece.
Attachments
IMG_4137.jpg
20230127_133244.jpg
4BBS-BS-20230127_132624.jpg
4BBS-20230126_212217.jpg

viktor j nilsson

Re: Zetopan help

Post by viktor j nilsson »

I've seen reports of such hotspots arising from two different sources: from internal reflections in the photo tube, and from specific objectives used in afocal setups (some older pancake designs, if I remember correctly). Since you're using a projection eyepiece, I would suspect the former, and try flocking the phototube.

Smokedaddy

Post by Smokedaddy »

viktor j nilsson wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:55 pm
I've seen reports of such hotspots arising from two different sources: from internal reflections in the photo tube, and from specific objectives used in afocal setups (some older pancake designs, if I remember correctly). Since you're using a projection eyepiece, I would suspect the former, and try flocking the phototube.
Viktor, that was it. Thanks for taking the time to help, it's appreciated. Just a single shot test image.

-JW:
Attachments
ZetoFixed.jpg

viktor j nilsson

Post by viktor j nilsson »

That's great, glad it worked out!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic