Beginners Mk2 Questions

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

RobertOToole

Re: Beginners Mk2 Questions

Post by RobertOToole »

Another link I mentioned.

Cosina / Voigtlander Zeiss / Factory Tour in Japan

viewtopic.php?p=228834

BTW. The two guys on the right are engineers. The older worked on the dev of both the 125mm SL and the 110mm SL APO-Lanthars (some of the employees at Cosina are master craftsman, with the company for 30+ years!).

Best,

Robert

UncleChip

Post by UncleChip »

Cheers for that Robert

I have had several voitglander lenses and always been impressed with the build quality,

With doing more macro I have been looking at where I want to end up, while I love manual focas lenses I have struggled at times with the CV110 in the field, so I think an AF lens would initially take priority over 2x capabilities,
I will be ordering the 2.5-5x tomorrow, and I will look into the Sigma 105dndg, I have the sigma 85DNDG, and am very impressed with it.

I will be having a go with objectives, but I need to improve my skill set some yet

Thx again for the input

lothman

Post by lothman »

UncleChip wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:53 pm
Has anybody tested the Laowa 90mm 2.8? You get a lighter lens designed for mirrorless
I showed test shots of this lens, I swapped from the 100mm->90mm Laowa and do not regret it. Only drawback is, that I have not found a lens collar for the 90mm lens.
regards
Lothar

http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... 83#p285283

enricosavazzi

Post by enricosavazzi »

This thread mentions the Sony FE 90mm f/2.8 Macro G OSS once or twice. I may mention that I just did some testing of this lens at a couple of magnifications (0.6x and 0.2x), and found this lens to work better in the close-up range than in the macro range.

Sony 90 mm f/2.8 G, a macro lens not designed for macro: https://www.savazzi.net/photography/sony90macro.html

This essentially confirms Robert's findings on this lens.
--ES

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic