Nikon 10X-A MM Objective with iris

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

RobertOToole

Nikon 10X-A MM Objective with iris

Post by RobertOToole »

Just posted this info on my blog: https://www.closeuphotography.com/

Came across these browsing dealers in China. They are 1145 yuan so $159 USD or so. A few dealers seem to have them. Hope someone finds this as interesting as I do anyway.

The aperture control ring has a lock and its marked in NA!

new-Nikon-MM-10X-A-with-iris-2-www-closeuphotography-com.jpg

They are already popping up on eBay USA on Taobao re-seller pages for $700-1500 USD.

FYI, don't even think about ordering one from China unless you live there or have a contact. Email or message me before you do and I will save you the headaches. #-o

Best,

Robert

Scarodactyl

Re: Nikon 10X-A MM Objective with iris

Post by Scarodactyl »

When I saw one I at first thought it was a correction collar (misreading .2 as 2). Alas.

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

Interesting variant. I use these all the time but their sharpness is already suffering from diffraction, and they have noticeable purple fringing. Not sure I'd want to stop down unless the purple fringing goes away with minimal sharpness degradation. I am hoping you will test to see if that is so.

I assume the big nut with screw mounting holes on top threads off and reveals the regular M26 mounting threads?

Would be nice to get them for $159 for sure.

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

ray_parkhurst wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:11 am
Interesting variant. I use these all the time but their sharpness is already suffering from diffraction, and they have noticeable purple fringing. Not sure I'd want to stop down unless the purple fringing goes away with minimal sharpness degradation. I am hoping you will test to see if that is so.
I didnt buy one I just thought I would share the info. Yes I found the same in testing, for others, a test from 2018 shows the CAs:

https://www.closeuphotography.com/10x-lens-test
I assume the big nut with screw mounting holes on top threads off and reveals the regular M26 mounting threads?
Yes. There are other sellers with the same type of objective w/o adapter.
Would be nice to get them for $159 for sure.
Yes true. I've found MM objectives for less in US on eBay, listed as eyepieces! #-o

I've found that in a lot of cases the ads in China say call before ordering for "current" price, which means the new higher price. Most of the sellers
don't do international shipping so they realize you are from not from China and its sorry out of stock even though you might have a Chinese address.
It seems to be that the Chinese sellers now are set up to go through the eBay resellers and not so any direct sales. At least the shops I've messaged.

Best,

Robert

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic