Raynox DCR-150 Mitutoyo, can the Raynox be at a fixed distance?

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

NotLithe

Raynox DCR-150 Mitutoyo, can the Raynox be at a fixed distance?

Post by NotLithe »

I want to design a housing for the Raynox + Mitutoyo 10x via 3D printing, but I want to avoid using moving components like helicoids or bellows. I can determine the exact distance for it to reach infinity and print the housing to the right length down to about a hundredth of a millimeter.

The question is, will the Raynox focus to infinity at the same distance from the sensor on all applications and cameras? Or is there simply no way around the need for a focusing component?

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Re: Raynox DCR-150 Mitutoyo, can the Raynox be at a fixed distance?

Post by rjlittlefield »

Infinity focus will always be at very close to the same distance from the lens. There is surely some slight difference from one lens to another due to manufacturing tolerances, but it will not be enough to affect even the most picky objective. So, there is no need for a focusing component.

However, if you want infinity focus on cameras with different mounts, then you will need appropriate adapters or different lengths to go along with the different bayonets.

--Rik

NotLithe

Re: Raynox DCR-150 Mitutoyo, can the Raynox be at a fixed distance?

Post by NotLithe »

Wonderful, that’s exactly what I thought and hoped!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic