Holmarc planapo objectives -- wide field, high na, priced lower than mitutoyos??

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Scarodactyl

Holmarc planapo objectives -- wide field, high na, priced lower than mitutoyos??

Post by Scarodactyl »

Just found these from some googlin'
https://www.holmarc.com/super_long_work ... ective.php
Allegedly corrected for a whopping 42mm field, apo, long working distance and good NAs. And the listed prices aren't that bad, and they even have some unique styling.
A 5x/0.18, 40mm wd, 459 bucks?
A 25x/0.64 with 8mm wd?? For under 1k??
Huh.
Is that even possible?

lothman

Re: Holmarc planapo objectives -- wide field, high na, priced lower than mitutoyos??

Post by lothman »

hmh
20x NA 0.35 WD 17 for 1659.-
25x NA 0.64 WD 8 for 959.-

10x NA 0.4 WD 19 for 814.-
10x NA 0.33 WD 16 for 933.-

why are lenses with better specs less expensive?
All stated magnifications are based on a tube lens focal length of 200 mm. Mounting thread: M26 x 0.706 pitch (36 TPI). These objectives can be used in finite and infinite configuration.
can any infinite high NA lens be used as finite lens?

I'm afraid there are some type/translation errors on this website :wink:

Scarodactyl

Re: Holmarc planapo objectives -- wide field, high na, priced lower than mitutoyos??

Post by Scarodactyl »

Lots of questionable elements here for sure.
My guess on the finite/infinite would be that they're offered in bith options as Seiwa does. Doesn't deal with the other questions.

Scarodactyl

Post by Scarodactyl »

I emailed them for more information and got this reply:

We are sorry to inform you that we have discontinued the mentioned type of objectives due to the unavailability of lenses used in the system.

An unsurprising outcome I suppose--with specs like those they had to be full of crap.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic