StackShot operating mode advantages

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

colohank

StackShot operating mode advantages

Post by colohank »

StackShot offers four programmable operating modes. Thus far, I've used only one: the Automatic Distance mode, which obliges me to select starting and ending positions for the stack and the distance between focus steps. Based on those inputs, StackShot determines the number of steps in the stack. It seems to me that the distance between focus steps would be of paramount importance, since steps that are too large wouldn't suffice to bridge gaps in depth-of-focus at higher magnifications. I choose the distance between focus steps based on subject magnification, per the tables published on the Zerene Stacker website.

For the life of me, I don't see the value in using any other mode. Am I missing something? Does anyone use any of StackShot's three other operating modes, and if so, why? What advantages do they offer?

wwheeler48

Re: StackShot operating mode advantages

Post by wwheeler48 »

I agree, it’s all I use. If you watch Allan Walls YouTube video on Stackshot he felt the same way. Must be some esoteric uses I guess.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic