compatible digital cameras for Akioskop 50

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

RonP

compatible digital cameras for Akioskop 50

Post by RonP »

I am a new recruit to this forum, but hope that someone out there can help me! I am a bryologist (mosses and liverworts) so depend on my microscopes everyday. I recently replaced my inexpensive Brunel microscope (which ceased to function) with a fine second-hand Zeiss Akioscop 50, but it has no camera. I need a basic camera set-up so I can exchange images with my colleagues when we have troublesome species to identify - so I am not looking for a top-of-range expensive kit - more a budget very simple set-up that connects to the computer. The Akioskop has a trinocular head with a C-mount (please see pictures). I was specifically wondering about the Bresser MikroCam SP5.0 microscope camera (as sold on Amazon). But I have no idea whether this will fit onto the Akioscop tube, or do I need adaptors (the Bresser camera comes with various adaptors). I have decided not to go down the route of a DSLR camera, preferring the simplicity of a digital microscope camera such as the one I mentioned. If anyone is familiar with Bresser, or can help in any way, I would be very grateful to hear from you.
Attachments
zeiss axioskop 50.jpg
c-mount on the microscope.jpg

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic