IR-remote for MJKZZ stepper controller (Bluetooth added)

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

lothman

IR-remote for MJKZZ stepper controller (Bluetooth added)

Post by lothman »

Hi,
I want to share my hack of a commercial IR-remote for Sony in order to trigger exposure of a Sony camera without a cable by an MJKZZ stepper controller.

Sony_IR_mkjzz.jpg

If you take out the battery slider, you can push off the membrane keyboard from the inside and peel it off, it has an reusable adhesive (don't drop it to a dusty floor like I did {-X ). Then you can unscrew the circuit board:

Internals.jpg

then use a cable with a 2,5 jack plug and solder the wires as followed:

Sony_IR_mkjzz_wireing.jpg

et voila you have an IR-remote which can trigger via the MKJZZ controller and you can still use the remote control as usual :D :D :D

Probably this can be done with IR-remote control for other brands like Canon, Nikon...

best regards
Lothar

Disclaimer: it is your own risk to modify any parts and connect them to your equipment.
Last edited by lothman on Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

lothman

Re: IR-remote for MJKZZ stepper controller

Post by lothman »

aaaaaaaaahhhh Sony cancelled the possibility of an IR remote control on the A7Rv (IMO also on the A7iv). So I can no longer use this possibility of a wireless connection while bracketing with my MJKZZ controllers.
But the good thing is it seems possible to do a similar solution with a bluetooth remote control.

@ Peter ("mjkzz")
do you see a chance to add bluetooth control via the raspberry solution you are offering - PLEASE.

all the best for 2023
Lothar

lothman

Re: IR-remote for MJKZZ stepper controller

Post by lothman »

problem solved, I wired the switch of a JJC BTR-S1 bluetooth remote control to the trigger contact of the mjkzz controller and everything works again.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic