Laowa 25mm with extension

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

ap

Laowa 25mm with extension

Post by ap »

hi everyone - maybe this is a naive question regarding the Laowa 25mm ...

i have the Laowa 25mm 2.5-5x lens. I use a bellows for most of my macro stacks with other lenses and its a hassle to disassemble and attach camera w/o the bellows. ive seen other members (Kurt) use this lens at higher magnifications (i.e. 9x) by adding extension tubes.
my question is this - if i wanted to use 5x mag, would these setups give me similar image quality?

1. standard setup with laowa attached to camera in std manner and at 5x

2. laowa set at 3x with additional extension (i believe that 50mm, twice the focal length, should be adequate) to achieve 5x

thank you in advance,
andy

lothman

Re: Laowa 25mm with extension

Post by lothman »

ap wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:35 am
hi everyone - maybe this is a naive question regarding the Laowa 25mm ...

i have the Laowa 25mm 2.5-5x lens. I use a bellows for most of my macro stacks with other lenses and its a hassle to disassemble and attach camera w/o the bellows. ive seen other members (Kurt) use this lens at higher magnifications (i.e. 9x) by adding extension tubes.
my question is this - if i wanted to use 5x mag, would these setups give me similar image quality?

1. standard setup with laowa attached to camera in std manner and at 5x

2. laowa set at 3x with additional extension (i believe that 50mm, twice the focal length, should be adequate) to achieve 5x

thank you in advance,
andy
probably yes since the Laowa does only change extension when "zooming" in its barrel.

But above 5x I think there are better lenses out there, so my copy in 2,5x showed better results with pixelshift, but no longer at 5x.
http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... 98#p271098

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic