Canon M6 M2 M42 adapter

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Saul

Canon M6 M2 M42 adapter

Post by Saul »

Moving from the Sony 6300 to the Canon M6 Mark II ( microscope and focus stacking).

I'm not familiar with the Canon mounts and looking for the thin EF-M to M42 adapter like this model.
My question is (google information is confusing for the Canon newbe) - can other Canon mount thin adapters (like this) be used on the Canon M6 Mark II (mechanically) ?

Thanks,
Saul
μ-stuff

Pau
Site Admin

Re: Canon M6 M2 M42 adapter

Post by Pau »

The second linked one is for Canon EOS DSLR cameras, it would need an EF to EF-M adapter

The first one could be adequate if well described. I suppose that it is not for M42 native lenses that need about 46mm Flange Focus distance
Pau

Saul

Re: Canon M6 M2 M42 adapter

Post by Saul »

Pau wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:05 pm
The second linked one is for Canon EOS DSLR cameras, it would need an EF to EF-M adapter

The first one could be adequate if well described. I suppose that it is not for M42 native lenses that need about 46mm Flange Focus distance
Thanks Pau !
I'll be using on the microcope and bellows only (not lenses), focus distance does not matter (electrical signals also). Only mechanical fit is important
Saul
μ-stuff

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic