20mm Angel Eyes COB Ringlight

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

ray_parkhurst

20mm Angel Eyes COB Ringlight

Post by ray_parkhurst »

I just did a search on Aliexpress to see if there were any new COB LEDs out there, and was pleasantly surprised to find that 20mm OD ringlights are available again. I have not seen these available for at least 5 years. Last ones I bought were branded UltraFire, but these new ones are part of the Angel Eyes lineup.

The existing hole is only 4mm, but you can ream them out to 7mm before hitting the COB phosphor.

Here's a link to the Aliexpress listing:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000895709257.html

They look like this:
20mm COB.JPG
Edited to add: Made some edits above for readability, and am adding actual photo of the 20mm. As you can see, there are two places to solder wires, on inside of ring and on outside. So if you ream out the middle, you can still "officially" access the electrodes from outside the rightlight, thus maintaining lighting integrity:
20mm COB 2.JPG

ray_parkhurst

Re: 20mm Angel Eyes COB Ringlight

Post by ray_parkhurst »

I was looking through my "macro lighting" box of parts and such, and ran across some of these 20mm LEDs I bought perhaps just a year or two ago. I guess they just went into the box without much evaluation, which is why I forgot about them.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic