Fast Stacker v2.0

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

pulsar123

Re: Fast Stacker v2.0

Post by pulsar123 »

chris_ma wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:54 pm
always great to see these kind of projects, lovely execution.
I know how much time it takes to get there, so congrats for the polished solution!
Thank you!

zzffnn

Post by zzffnn »

Amazing work @pulsar123! Thank you for sharing.

So for a person (such as me) who cannot tinker much on electronics or programming, there isn't a fast stacker solution available? :(

I have been dreaming for a handheld fast stacking solution and will happily give up that final 15% of image quality. That would work very well for things like snowflakes and live insects.

The image quality that you achieved is more than good enough for my applications. I only dream to have a set to use one day.

Adalbert

Post by Adalbert »

Hi Sergey,
It's not just saving on hardware, but in fact the ability to implement features which are absent or very inconvenient to use in existing commercial hardware.
yes, I also like to use my own software :-) Mainly for managing the TMC driver and calculating the release time for the flash when using the fully electronic shutter.
Best, ADi

pulsar123

Post by pulsar123 »

zzffnn wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:52 pm
Amazing work @pulsar123! Thank you for sharing.

So for a person (such as me) who cannot tinker much on electronics or programming, there isn't a fast stacker solution available? :(

I have been dreaming for a handheld fast stacking solution and will happily give up that final 15% of image quality. That would work very well for things like snowflakes and live insects.

The image quality that you achieved is more than good enough for my applications. I only dream to have a set to use one day.
Thanks!

Not much with programming (my software should work as is), but with electronics for sure. Unfortunately unless someone will decide to produce this commercially, this will remain a gearhead DIY item...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic