62mm clear lens filter

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Smokedaddy

62mm clear lens filter

Post by Smokedaddy »

I was wondering if anyone knows the actual diameter of the GLASS that's inside of a 62mm lens filter?

Thanks

lothman

Re: 62mm clear lens filter

Post by lothman »

since filters usually have the same thread size on both ends, the filter glas has to drop inside the female 62mm thread.
So for a M62x0,75mm thread the core diameter would be according http://theoreticalmachinist.com/Threads ... ofile.aspx
60, 908...61.166mm. This would be the possible max. diameter. I suppose it is slightly smaller than 60mm.

Smokedaddy

Re: 62mm clear lens filter

Post by Smokedaddy »

Thanks.  I was trying to cut some glass circles for my Leica Wild Heerbrugg M400 POL stage.  I successfully cut 3 1/8" diameter rounds (very nice too) with my circle cutter, but it won't cut circles below 2 5/8" diameter, and I need 2 7/16". So I was wondering if a camera filter glass might work. I've seen a few Youtube videos advertising SMALL glass cutters, but the outcome was terrible. I don't want to waste money on a cutter that doesn't perform. 
1024-Wild-Glass-Circle.jpg
-JW:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic