New Raf Adapters Arrived

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

RobertOToole

New Raf Adapters Arrived

Post by RobertOToole »

Just received these today, FYI, and they all fit perfectly. =D>

These were all made to my requirements, and I paid full price + shipping on all of these adapters. I receive zero comission/discount from Raf. I'm just sharing to help others and to help RafCamera, they are an important resource. I've given up having adapters made in the US, don't even get me started on that subject #-o

If anyone needs the drawings, visit my page, link below, or see the direct Raf Links below.

https://www.closeuphotography.com/blog/ ... ruary-2021

NEW RAFCAMERA ADAPTERS

-M51x0.5 female to SM2 male step up adapter
-24.6mm ID clamp to M42 x 1 male thread adapter for Nikon ED scanner lens
-M39 x 1 female to SM2 male flat type step down adapter

You can find these RafCamera products here: https://rafcamera.com/

PM-51.5mm-to-SM2-adapter-RafCamera-adapter-www-Closeuphotography-com.jpg

M51X0.5 FEMALE TO SM2 MALE STEP-UP ADAPTER
Fits: Zoerk / Zörk Multi Focus System (MFS) DSLR, mirrorless, and medium format tilt adapter.
Notes: tested on the DSLR and MF style MFS. This is a better alternative to Zörk adapters since I was quoted nearly 200 Euro, without shipping, for an MFS mount direct from Zoerk and that was just an off-the-shelf unit, not custom. Raf's price is $24.50 USD + shipping and fit perfectly.
Pros: Tested. Perfect fit. Recommended.
Cons: zero problems.
RafCamera link: https://rafcamera.com/adapter-m51-5x0-5f-to-sm2m

PM-24.6mm-clamp-to-M42-x-1-adapter-RafCamera-adapter-www-Closeuphotography-com.jpg

24.6MM CLAMP TO M42 X 1 MALE ADAPTER FOR NIKON ED SCANNER LENS
Fits: Scanner Nikkor 2.8/45 seven element scanner lens
Notes: new. Updated with M42 x 1 mount, 3 set screws and deeper and tighter clamp. Raf also makes a M26 version.
RafCamera link: https://rafcamera.com/adapter-id24-6mm-to-m42x1m

PM-m39x1f-to-sm2m-flangeless.jpg

M39 X 1 FEMALE TO SM2 MALE DISK TYPE STEP DOWN ADAPTER
Fits: M39 lens to SM2 mounting threads
Notes: a little boring, nothing ground-breaking, but very handy to have on hand!
Raf link: https://rafcamera.com/adapter-m39x1f-to-sm2m-flangeless

Questions comments welcome.

Sym P. le

Re: New Raf Adapters Arrived

Post by Sym P. le »

Is the M39 x 1 the true dimension or the Leica thread. Are you saying it works properly on Leica threaded lenses?

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

Sym P. le wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:54 pm
Is the M39 x 1 the true dimension or the Leica thread. Are you saying it works properly on Leica threaded lenses?
Good question.

The drawing calls for M39 x 26 tpi and thats what I ordered, and it does fit any enlarging lens, I checked a few.

26 tpi = 0.977mm, so I think M39 x 1 is easier.

I should mention that I wish I had a refund for every time a M42x1 labeled Chinese adapter didn't actually fit M42 x 1 lenses, or another size that doesn't fit what the label says it fits, but it happens so often I just throw them in the garbage and forget about it. That said I have never bought a RafAdapter that didn't fit as it was labeled, so far so good!

Best,

Sym P. le

Post by Sym P. le »

Sometimes you really do get what you pay for. With adapters, more often than not.

jmc

Post by jmc »

Very nice. I always use Raf for my adapters. Great quality and he is good to deal with.

That must be the only other Zoerk MFS adapter I've seen outside of their old product literature. I got one years ago, when I bought a cheap 'Hasselblad to M39 adapter' from a second hand dealer here in the UK. What arrived was a Zoerk MFS with helicoid. That was a nice surprise.
Jonathan Crowther

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

jmc wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:25 am
Very nice. I always use Raf for my adapters. Great quality and he is good to deal with.

That must be the only other Zoerk MFS adapter I've seen outside of their old product literature. I got one years ago, when I bought a cheap 'Hasselblad to M39 adapter' from a second hand dealer here in the UK. What arrived was a Zoerk MFS with helicoid. That was a nice surprise.
Those aren't cheap, you did well!

The MFS uses M51.5 proprietary threads so the SM2 threads will be a lot more useful for me long term.

Best,

Robert

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic