Anyone had any experience with LM Microscope camera adapters?

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

mrlowndes

Anyone had any experience with LM Microscope camera adapters?

Post by mrlowndes »

Photo adapters and tubes - Anyone have experience with LM Microscope adapters?
https://www.lmscope.com/en/produkte_en.html

Their full frame adapter seems to put the camera much closer to the trinocular head than mine, but it's not super clear from looking at their website. If I can get the camera closer to the scope it would help with light transmission, so long as that doesn't come with an added aberrations or empty mag.

I'm using the traditional 2.5X CF PL eyepiece and then a tube to a full frame camera(see photo). I have read several times that it is important to match the photo eyepiece with your objectives but then I have also read that newer Nikon objectives do all the corrections in the objective, so which one is it? Because it can't be both.

I'm using an optiphot 1 with a full frame camera. Also is it possible to do direct projection with full frame? If I get rid of the head and build a custom setup using rafcamera?
Attachments
PXL_20210209_163549139.jpg

Pau
Site Admin

Re: Anyone had any experience with LM Microscope camera adapters?

Post by Pau »

I'm using the traditional 2.5X CF PL eyepiece and then a tube to a full frame camera(see photo). I have read several times that it is important to match the photo eyepiece with your objectives but then I have also read that newer Nikon objectives do all the corrections in the objective, so which one is it? Because it can't be both.
It seems that your objectives are are Nikon CF type, are they?
If so they are "fully corrected" -this just means that they don't need chromatic aberration corrections of their primary image done at the eyepiece (or tube lens in infinite systems)- not that they have the best correction.

If you use CF objectives the right option is the one you already have (if the camera image is not parfocal maybe the tube can be wrong.
Although not officially recommended for finite systems the newer PLI photoeyepieces may be better, in particular the 2X could provide a better match for APSC and maybe also with FF for CFN objectives with wider field of view (not sure!)

Sorry, no experience with LMscope stuff, it seems good but I wouldn't buy it at their official prices
Pau

mrlowndes

Post by mrlowndes »

Pau wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:14 am
It seems that your objectives are are Nikon CF type, are they?
If so they are "fully corrected" -this just means that they don't need chromatic aberration corrections of their primary image done at the eyepiece (or tube lens in infinite systems)- not that they have the best correction.

If you use CF objectives the right option is the one you already have (if the camera image is not parfocal maybe the tube can be wrong.
Although not officially recommended for finite systems the newer PLI photoeyepieces may be better, in particular the 2X could provide a better match for APSC and maybe also with FF for CFN objectives with wider field of view (not sure!)

Sorry, no experience with LMscope stuff, it seems good but I wouldn't buy it at their official prices
Yes, I do have CF objectives. Thanks for the reply!

pbraub

Post by pbraub »

I have no first hand experience but LM Scope was the company our Olympus technician recommended as first pick for DSLR adaption. Also said that they provide excellent support and reccomendations.
They are pricey though.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic