Moisture in my Raynox lens. Suggestions?

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Macro_Cosmos

Re: Moisture in my Raynox lens. Suggestions?

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

The pennies are the "desiccants" in this case, just that they suck up moisture very quickly. That's why you heat them up.
This is a trick I learned for someone online.

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

I do not think pennies are desiccants, or at least not in practice. Maybe their surface film binds with water but that is a tiny volume.

lothman

Post by lothman »

rjlittlefield wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:53 pm
What you want may be doable. It depends on how far you want to cut the housing.

See viewtopic.php?p=186594#p186594 and my post two up from that, for some more information about inner structure of the Raynox DCR-250. I'm guessing that the DCR-150 is the same.

--Rik
thanks, I hoped it would cemented together so the glass lenses could be centred in a recess, of course it can be slimmed down.

palaephatus

Post by palaephatus »

You may consider placing the lens in a vacuum; leaving it there for some time. I have - for somewhat similar purposes - used a small vacuum desiccator. The vapour pressure of the water will be rather low.

Heating may speed the process, however, it may also promote problems with the coating and the optical cement used between the lens elements.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic