Wacom Intous Pro Tablet not getting along with ZS

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

photosbytw

Wacom Intous Pro Tablet not getting along with ZS

Post by photosbytw »

Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 5.41.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 5.32.36 PM.png
For whatever reason I can program the express keys for the tablet and they work in pscc & Lr but not in ZS.

Anybody have any ideas?
Since I have retired and I've rekindled a love for photography. I don't take myself serious but I do take creating interesting and well executed images seriously.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Re: Wacom Intous Pro Tablet not getting along with ZS

Post by rjlittlefield »

Anybody who knows about Wacom tablets, please chime in with ideas.

Having written Zerene Stacker, I can say for sure that Zerene Stacker does not know about the Wacom tablet as any sort of special device. It hears the tablet only as mouse events and keyboard events, as reported by the Java Runtime Environment. So, whatever is going wrong has to be manifesting at that level of the interface.

Terry, can you please describe in more detail exactly what you've done and what sort of behavior you're seeing? For example, I see the top button described as Keystroke and Pmax, but what is the actual definition? When you press that virtual button, does anything at all happen?

There is a special configuration option that is sometimes helpful in weird cases like this. It can be enabled by manually editing the zerenstk.cfg file to include the following line:

Code: Select all

Developer.EnableExtremeLogging=all
With this line inserted, a lot of extra information will be written to the normal console log (e.g., LastNormalLog.txt), and in addition another file of detailed information will be written, EventsLog<timestamp>.txt, in the same folder. All of that info will be so cryptic that it can only be interpreted by myself at support@zerenesystems.com .

Because the extra information is so voluminous, this option is best used only with a very short and targeted test.

--Rik

photosbytw

Re: Wacom Intous Pro Tablet not getting along with ZS

Post by photosbytw »

Rik

To answer your question.......... "For example, I see the top button described as Keystroke and Pmax".............Keystroke is how the function is built. Wacom has various methods to program the keys......in this instance the top button programmed to enter "CMD+P" to initiate ZS to run Pmax. The Pmax is just describing the function of the button. So, the second button, is to run Dmap. The third button is not programmed to do anything. The fourth button........to save the completed file.

Thesecond set of buttons.....1 is programmed as pushing the "S" button on a keybroad when I wish to retouch an image and need to switch to a source image(BTW, Rik, I love that feature). 2 is programmed with a "modifier"(which can be the Shift, CMD,Opt,Control & Space keys or any combination of same), in this case the shift key to scroll through the source images(this is similiar to what pscc does i.e......pressing the CMD+Shift+E keys to merge layers) 3 Shift+S to scroll and toggle. 4 is disabled.

As to manually editing the zerenstk.cfg file............I think it's best not to.............. as I tend to run down rabbit holes which leads to all kinds of misadventures :roll:
Since I have retired and I've rekindled a love for photography. I don't take myself serious but I do take creating interesting and well executed images seriously.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic