Stack Comparison with pics: Lomo 4 vs Lomo 3,7 vs Zeiss 3,2

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

ray_parkhurst

Re: Stack Comparison with pics: Lomo 4 vs Lomo 3,7 vs Zeiss 3,2

Post by ray_parkhurst »

Lou Jost wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:13 am
Ray, what's your current favorite 4x lens or objective for full frame?
I can't recommend anything for FF as I only shoot APS-C. I was hoping at some point to have a FF camera, though that would trigger a massive re-test of my lenses. I'm almost afraid to go there.

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Yes, the jump to FF shakes up everything, at least for finite objectives and fixed-magnification lenses. I thought I had a bunch of good solutions back when I used MFT and APS cameras, but nearly all of them had shortcomings on my FF.

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

Lou Jost wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:27 pm
Yes, the jump to FF shakes up everything, at least for finite objectives and fixed-magnification lenses. I thought I had a bunch of good solutions back when I used MFT and APS cameras, but nearly all of them had shortcomings on my FF.
Definitely a factor in my demand for the FF camera to be a big jump forward in IQ vs my APS-C. So far I have not found that camera.

That said, even on APS-C the Lomo 3.7x has too much field curvature for satisfying quality in 3D rendering, so for FF I assume it would be a disaster.

Soki

Post by Soki »

Scarodactyl wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:01 am
I think you mentioned a differen e in woeking distance in the other thread--is that correct or am I misremembering?
Hey,

the working distance of the Lomo 4 is about 15mm (50% of the Lomo 3,7)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic