Which T2 adapter ring for Canon EOS 600D?

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

MartinDeLaChassagne

Which T2 adapter ring for Canon EOS 600D?

Post by MartinDeLaChassagne »

Hello,

Quite some time ago, I did some photography with a Minolta SLR camera and a microscope. I'd like to pick it up again, this time with a digital camera: a Canon EOS 600D.

I still have the MA150 Camera attachment tube that I used to use (and the microscope as well). However, the T2-adapter ring is for the old Minolta, which does not fit on the Canon.

I'm wondering if the old MA150 tube can still be used in combination with a new T2 adapter ring. Does anyone have any advice on this?

Thanks. :)

Pau
Site Admin

Re: Which T2 adapter ring for Canon EOS 600D?

Post by Pau »

Hi Martin, welcome aboard!

Is this Meiji equipment what you have?
MA 150.jpg
The adapter will be fully adequate if the photoeyepiece is. Because the Canon APSC sensor is smaller than the 35mm film you will see a bit too much crop if you use the same photoeyepiece (the standard magnification for 35mm film or full frame camera is 2.5X and its APSC equivalent is 1.6X). The Meiji 1.9 would be OK

You just need a T2 to EOS (EF) adapter, I would recommend getting one chipped to avoid an issue with live view if unchipped, although both types will work to take pictures
This one would do: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2nd-AF-Confirm ... xywbJSUmTA
Pau

MartinDeLaChassagne

Re: Which T2 adapter ring for Canon EOS 600D?

Post by MartinDeLaChassagne »

Hello Pau,

Thank you for the welcome! :)

I do believe it is Meiji equipment, although it doesn't say so anywhere on the equipment, nor on the packaging. However, on the accompanying manual, the uppertube is called MA150 which, on the internet, I find only associated with Meiji. And the image in your posting represents the set-up that I used.

The photo eyepiece is the ocular lens of the microscope itself. I think I will see what result it'll give, first, and if necessary, I will replace it for another photo eyepiece, later. Thank you for the extra information and explanation on it, though!

Also, thank you for the recommendation on the chipped vs unchipped t2 adapter-ring and the link you provided; very helpful! Much appreciated. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic