Invaritar lenses

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

ray_parkhurst

Invaritar lenses

Post by ray_parkhurst »

Has anyone tested any of the Melles Griot Invaritar line of lenses?

dickb

Post by dickb »

I haven't tested mine (yet). Mine is a Fujinon 25mm f/1.4 C mount lens with its matching dioptres making it telecentric. Its image circle is too small for the cameras I use at the moment.

A quick look at some other Invaritar lenses shows a few other lenses that look like the Fujnon C mount line with telecentric add on lenses, but there may well be other brands used as base lens as well. Melles Griot has put their own labels over the original Fuji ones, making identification a bit harder.

dolmadis

Post by dolmadis »

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

Thanks guys. Seems the lenses on eBay are only parts of the overall telecentric combo. Can't seem to get any real info from the Melles Griot site, so this info and links are all I have to go with. They do show pics of the complete lenses showing the components. Nice line of lenses but not sure how they sell anything.

kaleun96

Post by kaleun96 »

I too found it difficult to find any info about most of the lenses on eBay. The ones I could find info for (and had a listing on eBay) were almost always meant for 1/4" to 3/4" sensors.
- Cam

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

ray_parkhurst wrote:Thanks guys. Seems the lenses on eBay are only parts of the overall telecentric combo. Can't seem to get any real info from the Melles Griot site, so this info and links are all I have to go with. They do show pics of the complete lenses showing the components. Nice line of lenses but not sure how they sell anything.
Melles Griot was sold for something like $400M maybe 10 years ago thats why info is hard to find guys. Also those lenses are a set, a base lens and add-on front lens so that makes things a lot more complicated.

Best,

Robert

dolmadis

Post by dolmadis »

I have only found this information so far

https://www.artisantg.com/info/ATGo7dqh.pdf

John

Macro_Cosmos

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

kaleun96 wrote:I too found it difficult to find any info about most of the lenses on eBay. The ones I could find info for (and had a listing on eBay) were almost always meant for 1/4" to 3/4" sensors.
You can find information on the company if you manage to get a hold of their old catelogues. I tried and tried, can't find a digital copy. Even a distributor locally doesn't have information of their stuff. She ended up taking photos of their items. Searching their item IDs yield zero results (besides the listing, lol).

Their ID numbers are extremely, well... 2000s era. Confusing. Mellers Griot is now CVI Mellers Griot/CVI Optics. It was acquired by CVI some time ago.

naturepics43

Post by naturepics43 »

dolmadis

Post by dolmadis »

Thank you.  There is some very useful information in these documents.  You can see which MG "base" lenses go with which MG "attachment" lenses together with M and WD.

There is a huge number of unpaired base and attachment lenses available at some good prices on EBay which could be paired up.

And there are some pairs for sale which may or may not be in the information posted above.

I have purchased one or two for curiosity at low prices to run on an Olympus OM-D E-M1 running in 2/3 cropped setting. 

And there are the pairs which our prior colleagues here established two examples with primes and MG attachments. 

https://www.photomacrography.net/forum/ ... hp?t=10084 

BR
John  

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

Yes, I forgot to thank @naturepics for posting those docs. They did help a lot in understanding how these go together. Still no reference to the ones on ebay but at least I know they are incomplete.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic