I Need Some Help 50x Magn Vibration and contrastless image

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

marcojongsma

I Need Some Help 50x Magn Vibration and contrastless image

Post by marcojongsma »

Hello MicroFriends here :D

I start this weekend on 50x magnification. I know it's totally different.
Now I have a few problems. There are some vibrations. I use vibration pads but there is a tiny vibration when I place 1 elastic on my bellows it reduce I use bellows 1 section extension tube i think that 1 section tube is the problem? or I need more elastic to test is. I test my focusstack rail on and of results are the same.

The objective that I use is a Nikon CF plan 50x 0.55 BD ELWD on a horizontal setup. My camera is Canon 6D. I also try it with other camera but the same results.

The image looks a little bit soft no contrast to light today i will make some flocking on the back of the objective and will see what the result are.
I hope you guys have tips or ideas for me so I can fix the problems

Sorry for my bad English. Have a great day everyone.

Regards, Marco

Chris S.
Site Admin

Post by Chris S. »

Marco,

Are you using continuous light or flash? If continuous light, you might want to try using flash instead. (Keep the room dark, so that room light does not contribute to the image. And set your flash to a short duration.)

Even if you eventually want to shoot with continuous light, experimenting with flash first is still a good idea. Flash cuts the possible universe of problems by about half; seeing what happens gives useful clues about what may be causing the problem(s).

If flash doesn't help, you might want to post some photos of your equipment and lighting, to get more specific advice.

--Chris S.

Antal

Post by Antal »

I do only 20X

This is wath works for me:
Trigering only with cable
Liveview to omit vibration by mirror
Exposuretime 0.8s
Flashlight delayed to 0.5s
room darkend

In the 5th floor I have issues due people walking around in the same building.
In the basement its ok.
Ofcourse no walking around for yourself allowed and give the camera a good time to settle after handling it before you shoot..

Hope this helps

marcojongsma

Post by marcojongsma »

Chris S. wrote:Marco,

Are you using continuous light or flash? If continuous light, you might want to try using flash instead. (Keep the room dark, so that room light does not contribute to the image. And set your flash to a short duration.)

Even if you eventually want to shoot with continuous light, experimenting with flash first is still a good idea. Flash cuts the possible universe of problems by about half; seeing what happens gives useful clues about what may be causing the problem(s).

If flash doesn't help, you might want to post some photos of your equipment and lighting, to get more specific advice.

--Chris S.
First i use led light but it wasnt good later i try flash and it looks better after i place some elastic on my setup the sharpness looks really good but now my image is little bit hazy looks like lightleaking when im home today i will try to make a flocking ring for on the back of my objective and i hope the results are better . i know when i touch the tabel i see directly the vibration when ik make the stack i do it in the night when all people sleep and no traffic in the streets i hope i can fix this problems for know im sick of it haha

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic