Software for a Chinese USB microscope camera

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Guercini

Software for a Chinese USB microscope camera

Post by Guercini »

I bought a used USB microscope camera that didn't come with any software. I am hoping to use it on a microscope to experiment with. It does not have a model number or brand name. Is there a generic software or driver that can be used so that my computer will recognize it (Windows 10 Pro)?

Macro_Cosmos

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

I have one but it appears that the website for it no longer exists. I can send it to you if you like.

soldevilla

Post by soldevilla »

Try Webcamoid. i use it for a chinese camera

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/32827797 ... 63c0JF7Qv3

Guercini

Post by Guercini »

Macro_Cosmos wrote:I have one but it appears that the website for it no longer exists. I can send it to you if you like.
That would be great! Please send it. Thanks

Guercini

Post by Guercini »

soldevilla wrote:Try Webcamoid. i use it for a chinese camera

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/32827797 ... 63c0JF7Qv3
Will it work with Windows 10? Which version of Webcamoid? Thanks.

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

S-Eye cameb bundled with the last few Chinese USB cams I purchased, and it works with all of them.

Edited to add: I'm using version 1.4.2.474.b It looks like "v1.4"is available on their website for download.

Macro_Cosmos

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

Seems like there's some solid suggestions. I'd say go with them. The app I have is flimsy.

Guercini

Post by Guercini »

Yes, there are couple of good suggestions... I will try Webcamoid and S-eye. Thanks Soldevilla and Ray_Parkhurst!

Guercini

Post by Guercini »

I tried to download Webcamoid. However, Windows displayed some scary messages about some big risks. So, I didn't go forward. Then, I tried to download S-eye with no success. Fortunately, I discovered that Windows 10 had a built-in camera app. I started the app and immediately the live image from the camera showed up on my computer screen. I took a shot. Here it is... I think it is great as a first shot. I am happy. Thanks everyone for all the suggestions.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic