Vertical Setup using extrusion .. V-Slot

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Not a stupid question; my vertical setup flips to horizontal as needed. But I suspect his set up has more features which could be optimized for one or the other orientation.

Deanimator

Post by Deanimator »

Lou Jost wrote:Not a stupid question; my vertical setup flips to horizontal as needed. But I suspect his set up has more features which could be optimized for one or the other orientation.
Rather than flip mine, I add or remove the vertical beam as required.

Of course mine is only "portable" in the same sense that a water cooled machine gun is "portable". That's why I built a structural pipe table on wheels to hold it. On the plus side, you can mount a LOT of stuff on that table... and I have.

Yawns

Post by Yawns »

grgh wrote:... could i ask why you needed to make a separate vertical setup?

one could just take the weights out, and stand the horizontal on end.
Thank you.....

Must explain that i am a complete novice .
It's not a "need" to make pictures.. it's more a need to be busy .. since I could learn the basics of CAD I started to design many stuff.. it's just nice to see them materialized.

I thought about that too and it was my initial idea.. to just flip it 90º clockwise... and use it vertical. But there was a problem... the insect / object stage with micrometers... should also rotate 90º but in the contrary direction... anti-clockwise. Should be removed and screwed to another part.. and then attached again to the main beam.. I wanted an "all in one" simple to use design...as it was not a "flip & go" solution and should involve dismounting / mounting I abandoned the "flip" idea.. maybe one day.

Everybody starts as a novice....

Antonio.
YAWNS _ (Y)et (A)nother (W)onderful (N)ewbie (S)hooting

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic