Pictures of New Rig

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Deanimator

Post by Deanimator »

mawyatt wrote:This looks really nice, except they state on 80/20 that " All 80/20 bearings are designed for compression loads only and not intended to support hanging loads." Not sure what this means regarding using it vertically and they don't provide any specs I could find.

Did you verify that this linear bearing can support vertical loads, and to what amount?
I know what you mean and had the same question.

Given that other people here have used them in a similar fashion without apparent problems, I think what they mean is that they shouldn't be used inverted. Unless you have a pretty serious lever arm trying to pry one end up, they seem to do ok, especially with the kind of break I use. In case it's not visible in the pictures, I have a second smaller one on the horizontal beam on which I mount my lab jack, allowing me to position it fore and aft on the beam. In horizontal mode, the bearing to which you refer also goes on the horizontal beam after the vertical beam is removed.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic