135mm EL Tube Lens Test Suggestions

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Macro_Cosmos

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

Oh !!!!, I somehow missed the news. Hope you get better Rob. I'm sorry to hear that.

Wish you the best and a fast recovery!

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Robert, I (or someone else) might be able to test your top contender against my 135mm Sigma as tube lens, if I happen to have your top contender and front lens.....

kaleun96

Post by kaleun96 »

Looking forward to this one! I like the inclusion of the Komura lens too.

As Mike said, the CZ 135mm would be interesting to see. I have one myself but had to give it quite a clean ($8 op-shop purchase) so unsure how representative it would be. Other "regular" 135mm lenses would be good to see as well.

Some others that come up on eBay regularly probably aren't worth it. The JML 135mm "made in Japan" seems to be a clone of the Beseler 135mm 4-element lens. The Computar/Kowa 135mm probably all suffer from separation. A Hoya Super-El 135mm or Bogen/Osawa 135mm could be interesting but maybe not worth it unless found at a good price (Osawa 135mm is currently $100 on eBay I think).

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Robert I think I remember you saying that the Nikon 135mm f/3.5 camera lens was very good. They aren't too expensive and are handy for Nikon users! That's another non-enlarger lens of course.
Your previously faved 135mm lens was an apo-symmar. It would be informative to know how these cheaper and more available lenses compared with that one.

Just to be clear....:
SK CNP-S = Schneider Kreuznach Componon - S
SK 2.8/28 = the "macro-iris" version, ie not a 28mm f/4 with its iris removed
SNP 2.8/28 = ??
Chris R

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic