Which bellows?

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

kaleun96

Post by kaleun96 »

ray_parkhurst wrote: All the M42 Novoflex bellows I have come across allow full rotation of the camera, 360-deg, for mounting. Once mounted, some are fixed, some allow 90-deg rotation, and some allow full rotation. Just depends on the model, but for M42 mounts they must give a full rotation capability for mounting since it's not a precise (breech type) mount, so could tighten at any rotation angle.
Sorry Ray, I meant being able to move the rear standard of the bellows along the rail axis.

I noticed some of the Novoflex bayonet mounts tended to have an internal thread as well, would this be a M39 thread? I wasn't sure so didn't want to take the risk.

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

kaleun96 wrote:
ray_parkhurst wrote: All the M42 Novoflex bellows I have come across allow full rotation of the camera, 360-deg, for mounting. Once mounted, some are fixed, some allow 90-deg rotation, and some allow full rotation. Just depends on the model, but for M42 mounts they must give a full rotation capability for mounting since it's not a precise (breech type) mount, so could tighten at any rotation angle.
Sorry Ray, I meant being able to move the rear standard of the bellows along the rail axis.

I noticed some of the Novoflex bayonet mounts tended to have an internal thread as well, would this be a M39 thread? I wasn't sure so didn't want to take the risk.
Seems logical but unfortunately no, at least on the ones I've seen. The grooves are not really threading, but light baffles, so I don't think they cared much about dimensions.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic