silent mode & stackshot

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

iconoclastica

silent mode & stackshot

Post by iconoclastica »

Is it possible at all to trigger the camera by the stackshot controller while in silent shooting mode (Canon Eos)?
--- felix filicis ---

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Yes, but you have to make sure that the Live View image is showing on the back of the camera as well as on the computer.

If Live View is not showing on the back of the camera, then the camera will ignore shutter command coming from the StackShot controller.

--Rik

iconoclastica

Post by iconoclastica »

So, I should switch to live view by means of the button on the camera and not by command sent over the usb?
--- felix filicis ---

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Yes, that usually works.

It may also work, to initiate Live View using USB and then push the button on the camera to show the Live View image there also. That's the approach used in the recipe that I provide at https://zerenesystems.com/cms/stacker/d ... y_software .

There is some variation between cameras, regarding exactly which button(s) have to be pressed, in what order.

--Rik

iconoclastica

Post by iconoclastica »

Thanks, I'll try that first thing in the morning. I hope it works, I am not really looking forward to writing my own stackshot driver combi remote camera control...

-----

That worked indeed. I had to double the pulse duration to 0.200s for it missed about one on four, but after that I could build the stack. With flash !:D :D
--- felix filicis ---

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic