Most expensive macro lens ever is on ebay now

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

ray_parkhurst wrote:... These are $3-4 items. One seller had them at $333 each. .
That seems to be a lazy but common practice where the seller is out of stock but doesn't want to have to recreate the listing when they're back in stock.
Chris R

johan

Post by johan »

won't be sold at that price. Ebays sellers sometimes raise prices to unrealistic amounts to keep the listing.
My extreme-macro.co.uk site, a learning site. Your comments and input there would be gratefully appreciated.

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Yes, but it is still fun to look at. I think anyone with that much money would buy a new one. Who would risk that much money on a lens with an unknown history and unknown characteristics?

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

Question to all reading this thread...how much would you pay for that lens?

I'd be tempted at $100, but I would probably not spend $200.

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Without knowing the wavelength, I wouldn't pay a dollar. It is likely to be made for UV light and will give garbage in visible light.

On the other hand I love litho lenses made for 405nm.

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

I just figure if I got it and could not use it I could probably sell it for more than $100, so no loss and perhaps an interesting effort.

RichA

Re: Most expensive macro lens ever is on ebay now

Post by RichA »

Lou Jost wrote:I've never seen such a recent-generation photolithography lens on sale. Perhaps the highest resolution macro lens that has ever appeared on eBay, though the listing provides no details.

Just $127,211:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/113686063899?ul_noapp=true
This lens would normally cost about $800,000. Multiple fluorite (Canon owns a company that makes fluorite lenses) but really designed for use in one pretty narrow wavelength. I've seen Nikon lenses like this that were 5-6ft tall.

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

Even if were able to make a deal for $99 or whatever the seller would probably ship the lens in a bubble envelope or box without any cushioning!

That's just judging by some of my recent eBay transactions.

:shock:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic