EUTECTIC Microscope Neuron Tracing System Mark 4 stage

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Saul

EUTECTIC Microscope Neuron Tracing System Mark 4 stage

Post by Saul »

Looking for the any technical information about EUTECTIC Microscope Neuron Tracing System Mark 4 stage

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

It's hard to tell from Neuron's documentation, but they may at one time have offered a 3D printing system to help visualize or document neural network models described using Eutectic scripts.

Saul

Post by Saul »

ray_parkhurst wrote:It's hard to tell from Neuron's documentation, but they may at one time have offered a 3D printing system to help visualize or document neural network models described using Eutectic scripts.
Thanks Ray!
Couldn't resist, arrived yesterday. GAS is a terrible thing :?
Fits my Labophot stacking base, very nice THK rails and guides, all wires of steppers & limit switches are connected to the single connector.
Stack & stitch system ? :roll:

Last edited by Saul on Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

Saul wrote: Thanks Ray!
Couldn't resist, arrived yesterday. GAS a is terrible thing :?
Fits my Labophot stacking base, very nice THK rails and guides, all wires of steppers & limit switches are connected to the single connector.
Stack & stitch system ? :roll:
Looks good! You should be able to make a nice SnS system with that.

bbiofuels

Re: EUTECTIC Microscope Neuron Tracing System Mark 4 stage

Post by bbiofuels »

Hi there, I have the exact same stage and am also looking for any information maybe a pinout??? Or better yet is there a Prior, Ludl or other controller that will make this work?
Thanks,
John B

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

bbiofuels wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 3:38 pm
Hi there, I have the exact same stage and am also looking for any information maybe a pinout??? Or better yet is there a Prior, Ludl or other controller that will make this work?
Thanks,
John B
IMO the best method to make this sort of thing work, and I've done this on a couple different similar systems, is to pull the motor wirings out individually and connectorize them for an easily-available controller such as a StackShot, mjkzz, WeMacro, etc. Trying to make something work with a proprietary solution is a major rabbit hole (again, IMO). Some folks have built their own controllers based on arduino or similar, but again this is a big job. I had best results using mjkzz's stack and stitch system, FYI.

Saul

Post by Saul »

bbiofuels wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 3:38 pm
Thanks,
John B
Hi John,
Stepper pinouts
X:
Blue-3
Red-9
Black-1
Green-10

Y:
Blue-4
Red-13
Black-11
Green-5

Sorry, do not have for the limit switches.

As Ray mentioned, StackShot, mjkzz controlers will work with it. Wemacro - no, unless somebody will take a risk to make some changes inside - to make end of the cycle output to triger next axis (this is not a big deal - beeper signal can be used for this purpose). Bigger problem is, that there is no manual start input (just software command). David has no plans for it. Otherwise, 3 units could be used for this purpose.

I got Mike's W. system, but did not know beforehand, that I have to use separate monitor & other stuff on the table, what I do not like - too much clutter, so all stuff is in my drawer. I know, that Aidan Moore made working Arduino controller with Mike's system.

"Prior, Ludl or other controller" - I have some controller - but it is huge and full of the ancient stuff...
"I had best results using mjkzz's stack and stitch system" - agree with Ray, great, ready to use equipment

There is one more option (somebody mention already here or on Microbehunter) - to use 3d printer motherboard, just somebody has write firmware (or use in the creative way g-code ... :) )
Saul
μ-stuff

Macro_Cosmos

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

Just take the 4 pins to a multimeter. The phase couples are connected. If you are lazy, simply replace the motors with Stackshot's and power it with a Stackshot 3x controller. If you do not own a multimeter, you should buy a decent one. Otherwise, connect any 2 pins and try to rotate the motor, if they are in the same phase, you will feel the resistance. To figure out positive and negative phases, just do trial and error after you know which pins correspond to the same phase.

The output current of the Wemacro is quite large, 2.5A. Unless the motor is rated for that, it will likely become untouchable if the current rating is anywhere below 2A. You can remove resistors inside the controller to drop the current and your warranty. To figure out the limiters, take off that lid, cables are likely hidden inside.

Here is a Prior stage adapted to 3x: https://macrocosmosblog.wordpress.com/2 ... 3x-part-1/

Here is the Prior focus drive adapted to Wemacro:
Pt1: https://macrocosmosblog.wordpress.com/2 ... -part-1-2/
Pt2: https://macrocosmosblog.wordpress.com/2 ... -part-2-2/

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic