Schneider Apo Componon HM 6.7/60

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

ray_parkhurst wrote:Here is the practical difference between my 80MS and 85MV at center. Both at m=1:1, f5.6, same lighting (though WD does change it a bit). They are very similar, but you can for sure see the 85MV is a bit sharper. 200% crops:

85MV

80MS

Thats interesting Ray, thanks for taking time to show the crops.

The Makro-Symmar is softer in these but its hard to tell at 200% since I'm used to using 100% view.

Not sure if I mentioned this before, but I am about 60% of the way into a high-end 1x test including, Scanner Nikkor ED, Printing Nikkor 105 A,
Makro Varon CAS 85, Makro-Symmar 120, Voigtlander APO Lanthar 120, stacked lenses, and a few others on a Sony A7III with and without pixel shift.

Already working on images there have been some major surprises :shock: :roll:

The results will shock some people.

Found there thread I started, I thought I mentioned this before:

High-end 1x Lens Test: Looking for Suggestions Please:

http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... 139#247139

Robert
Last edited by RobertOToole on Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

RobertOToole wrote:
ray_parkhurst wrote:Here is the practical difference between my 80MS and 85MV at center. Both at m=1:1, f5.6, same lighting (though WD does change it a bit). They are very similar, but you can for sure see the 85MV is a bit sharper. 200% crops:

85MV

80MS

The Makro-Symmar is softer in these but its hard to tell at 200% since I'm used to using 100% view.

Not sure if I mentioned this before, but I am about 60% of the way into a high-end 1x test including, Scanner Nikkor ED, Printing Nikkor 105 A,
Makro Varon CAS 85, Makro-Symmar 120, Voigtlander APO Lanthar 120, stacked lenses, and a few others on a Sony A7III with and without pixel shift.

Robert
Looking forward to it Robert! I assume the Scanner-Nikkor is the one from the 8000/9000 scanners, correct?

Will be cool to see the pixel shift images to see how useful the technique can be in lens testing.

When using the SonyPixelShift2DNG compositor, you must follow with a DNG to JPG converter as well, correct? Is there a seamless way to do this, maybe in a batch mode? I tried using the compositor, followed by a JPG converter, but just doing one composite was a bit of work. I can't imagine trying to do a deep stack or a big panorama with that method. Have you developed a good workflow for this?

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

ray_parkhurst wrote:
RobertOToole wrote:

85MV

80MS

Robert
Looking forward to it Robert! I assume the Scanner-Nikkor is the one from the 8000/9000 scanners, correct?

Will be cool to see the pixel shift images to see how useful the technique can be in lens testing.

When using the SonyPixelShift2DNG compositor, you must follow with a DNG to JPG converter as well, correct? Is there a seamless way to do this, maybe in a batch mode? I tried using the compositor, followed by a JPG converter, but just doing one composite was a bit of work. I can't imagine trying to do a deep stack or a big panorama with that method. Have you developed a good workflow for this?
Yes the Scanner Nikkor ED is a 8000/9000 14 element type.

The HR images have really beautiful detail with a good lens.

Did not figure out a good workflow for stacks so I only ran single Pixel Shift images and did not run stacks in HR mode. A 50 image stack would take a serious chunk of time.

I ran the images: SonyPixelShift2DNG > Photoshop CC ACR > PSD > saved as a resized Jpeg.

Best,

Robert

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic