$50 Schneider Enlarging lens Vs The Mitutoyo 5x M Plan APO

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

viktor j nilsson wrote:I was thinking o something that from the outside looked like a l traditional camera objective, but internally was designed as a two-lens stack, optimized for a specific, low magnification. Are there such a thing?
It is easy to find lenses that are optimized for a specific low magnification. Just go to the industrial lens sections of any manufacturer's product lines.

Internally, those lenses will consist of two collections of refracting elements, surrounding an aperture stop. Typically the whole assembly will have been optimized simultaneously, so except for symmetric 1:1 designs, it is not likely that either the front or back sections would be very useful on its own.

If by "two-lens stack", you're thinking specifically of collections where both the front and the back are useful individually as well as in combination, then I can't think of any examples other than the objective/tubelens combos already discussed.

--Rik

elimoss

Post by elimoss »

RobertOToole wrote:
This is slightly off topic but its interesting that the Qioptiq MTF graphs show spacial freq from 100/200/400 cy/mm not the normal standard 10/20/30 that most manufacturer share. :shock:

Robert
Here's one with 100lp/mm. Very high performance, actually

http://x.dzoptics.com/img/cms/62mm16K%2 ... 16kmtf.jpg

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

elimoss wrote:
RobertOToole wrote:
This is slightly off topic but its interesting that the Qioptiq MTF graphs show spacial freq from 100/200/400 cy/mm not the normal standard 10/20/30 that most manufacturer share. :shock:

Robert

Looks very good but what 62mm lens?

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

elimoss wrote:
RobertOToole wrote:

Robert

I like the google translation for their 35mm f/1.2
"Super Large Aperture, Extremely Blurred".
Chris R

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

rjlittlefield wrote:
viktor j nilsson wrote:I was thinking o something that from the outside looked like a l traditional camera objective, but internally was designed as a two-lens stack, optimized for a specific, low magnification. Are there such a thing?
It is easy to find lenses that are optimized for a specific low magnification. Just go to the industrial lens sections of any manufacturer's product lines.

Interesting and that reminds me of something.

There is a slideshow somewhere online, sorry I can't find a link, about microlithography and one ray trace diagram showing a nikon litho lens from a patent application and the slideshow creator pointed out that the front group was looked very much like like a 60x Nikon Objective, so the next slide shows a 60x Plan APO objective layout, and wouldn't you know it, it looked almost identical.

Robert

elimoss

Post by elimoss »

RobertOToole wrote:
Looks very good but what 62mm lens?
It's these. See the chart at the bottom.
http://www.dzoptics.com/en/area-line-sc ... -scan-lens

16k line scan lens for 62mm image circles, optimized at various magnifications. Large working distances, too.

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Robert, maybe we are interpeting his question differently. Infinity objectives are examples of lenses that are meant to be interchangeable and can be used with various tube lenses to give a wide variety of magnifications. That's all I meant.

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

ChrisR wrote:
elimoss wrote:
RobertOToole wrote:

Robert

I like the google translation for their 35mm f/1.2
"Super Large Aperture, Extremely Blurred".
Their translation on the website is:

"Extra large aperture, extreme soft bokeh"

Antal

Post by Antal »

Wow, glad I haven^t give away my divers enlarger lens. I will test with the Canon 100mm 2.8 macro (the cheap one, wich is excellent). Curieous to see the result combined with the excellent Nikon 5mm enlarger lens.
@Robert: What distance you used between the lenses?

Antal

Post by Antal »

Antal wrote: @Robert: What distance you used between the lenses?
Ahh, just found the picture of the setup on your website.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic