Help identity this misterious part...

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: Pau, rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S.

Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:20 am

Help identity this misterious part...

Post by Claudio »

I got a bunch of parts, most of them condenser lenses but it was included this
part. I can not identify nor find any brand or part number. It seem like part of a photo tube or something.
Could you identify it?


Posts: 1631
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:40 pm
Location: Bromley, Kent, UK

Post by Cactusdave »

It's a camera adapter to go into a trinocular tube, with a right angle optical viewfinder for focusing. It dates from film camera days. There is a prism to split the light between the camera and the viewfinder.
Leitz Ortholux 1, Zeiss standard, Nikon Diaphot inverted, Canon photographic gear

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic