I found this today

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Choronzon

I found this today

Post by Choronzon »

For my Axiomat Pol. I've been searching for many years, and one finally surfaced. Maybe the only one existing.
I am not young enough to know everything.

johan

Post by johan »

Nice!
My extreme-macro.co.uk site, a learning site. Your comments and input there would be gratefully appreciated.

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

Nice device, a beauty!
As I did read they are no longer made and people trained to use them are also disappearing. Do you actually plan to use it for its intended function?
Pau

Choronzon

Post by Choronzon »

Yes I do, Pau. The Axiomat is designed nicely for conoscopic observation and photography, as the observation module has a focusing Bertrand with iris built in. It can also be zoomed and even at minimum magnification to the camera, it already fills the 4x5 and 35mm field. There is also a straight through axial port for c mount or FX format.
They're a bit difficult to set up, and on an Axiomat everything is an ergonomic nightmare, but well worth it because there can be two people simultaneously viewing comfortably with a field number of 26.

Beatsy

Post by Beatsy »

Looks wonderful. I want one! What is it?

Choronzon

Post by Choronzon »

It's a 4 axis Universal stage for observing the crystal axis of minerals. The stage positions a crystal grain in the slide so the axis can be viewed parallel to normal in conoscopic polarized light. This one is for the Axiomat Pol

johan

Post by johan »

fwiw, about 4(?) years ago I saw a Zeiss one for sale for US$20k. That's how highly valued they are.
My extreme-macro.co.uk site, a learning site. Your comments and input there would be gratefully appreciated.

JohnyM

Post by JohnyM »

Thats a beauty Fiodorov! They are not THAT expensive. I can get you Lomo or Zeiss stage for about 1000- 1500 USD and i think, that i saw them on ebau at ~800USD too.

johan

Post by johan »

maybe the one I saw was a chancer then. Must admit, did make a whoah go through my head

joseplm

Post by joseplm »

Hokan

Axiomat Universal Rotary Stage for Mineralogical Specimens

Post by Hokan »

Congrats Choronzon,
You are the first Axiomat owner/user I am aware of who has a Axiomat universal rotary stage to use. I would be most curious about the images you will be able to capture with a DSLR of the mineral specimens mounted on your universal rotary stage.

I have a Axiomat with a Module R,(refelected light) base. As you welll know finding accessories for the Axiomat can be a mission impossible adventure. In the process of acquiring accessories for my Axiomat I inevitably acquired far more accessories then I have use for or personal knowledge of their intended purpose.

For example I have unintentionally acquired accessories for Multiple Beam Interference (Tolansky) and Mirau interference. Only a vague idea of how to use either. Not sure I have all the needed accessories. Or specific information on the specimens they were designed for.

Other then the Axiomat manual, a catalog or two, and some some sales brochures I have found no information on how to use Axiomats and its accessories.

I was wondering if you have any information on three Axiomat objectives I ended up with that seem to have dual purposes?

I have two objectives with the following inscription: UD 10X/0.22 Pol-LD 6.3/0.14 Pol-inf/0.17 and one objective with the following inscription: UD 50X/0.65 Pol-LD 32X/0.42-inf/0.17.

Any insight or information would be appreciated.

regards,
Hokan
SOM, (Son Of Multiphot), a DIY macro/micro rig.w/120, 65, 35, 19mm Macro-Nikkors, Nikon AZ100 1X and 4X objectives. Nikon Plan Fluor W objectives, 10X, 20X, 40X.
With Zeiss infinity objectives, LD, Epi, APO, Plan types.

Choronzon

Post by Choronzon »

Hokan, I sent you a PM

Choronzon

Post by Choronzon »

As you can see, the stage mounted into the Polarizing stage of the Axiomat looks deceptively small and really inaccessible. Adjusting and aligning is going to take a bit of voodo, I'm guessing.
God help me if I drop something down into the transmitted light
module.

jImage

wpo

Re: I found this today

Post by wpo »

Choronzon wrote:Image

For my Axiomat Pol. I've been searching for many years, and one finally surfaced. Maybe the only one existing.
Hello Choronzon,

I´m pretty sure that this is not the only one existing. A friend of mine owns the second and one more is resting in my private minilab, waiting fore use since a long time. :(

About 15 years ago I was told by a developer of the Axiomat program that a bit more than 800 Axiomat microscopes were made by ZEISS in Göttingen and about 80-100 of them were equipped with universal stage as a complete Axiomat Pol Microscope. So this special version of universal stage is a rare item. The single objektive nose piece is not often seen as well

Yours seems to be in a nearly new condition. Wish you much fun with this wonderful made and hard to handle :) microscope.

Best regards from Hannover

Wolfgang

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic