Nikon camera update due 19th Jan - D800/e to get EFCS ?

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Inseewincesee

Nikon camera update due 19th Jan - D800/e to get EFCS ?

Post by Inseewincesee »

Woo Whoo ! :D :D :D
I so hope this turns out to be fact.

Not certain, but according to this link below, it's looking like the D800/E and some other Nikon cameras, will be getting a software update that allows EFCS just like the D810.

Seems there is a change of camera update policy about to be implemented.
Certain updates will be free, and other updates will be optional for a fee.

http://nikonrumors.com/2015/01/08/nikon ... eras.aspx/

Chris S.
Site Admin

Post by Chris S. »

I also read that release, and came away with the impression that only the Nikon D750 body will have EFCS added--not the D800 or D800e.

For some D800/D800e shooters, the addition of a histogram based on the raw file could be a useful improvement.

--Chris

Inseewincesee

Post by Inseewincesee »

Nikon have started a new site [not up yet]
Called "I am Advancing".
Nikon owners need to register with this site [One would hope that 'My Nikon Life members' would be automatically be registered]... no word on if this will happen.

This will contain the updates.

From what I'm reading, anybody who has bought a new Nikon camera will have free access to all updates available at this site , for their camera, for 3 years.
http://petapixel.com/2015/01/08/leaked- ... e-updates/

If updates are available after that time [???] ....[even at a price ???]

It looks like Nikon [Expect Canon to follow] are trying to quell 'Magic Lantern' opening features locked in standard model camera OS's

Hey!
Got them moving, so all good.

GemBro

Post by GemBro »

Personally I don't think Canon will quell ML ... if anything they saw a bit of an increase in sales when ML was released ... and definitely a few Nikon users went over to Canon due to this also ... I read somewhere, a while back, they are not that bothered ... unless they have a new boss in town ...
Canon 550D(T2i) ML (Nightly Builds) | Canon 5D MKII | Raynox 250 | Palinar 35mm f2.8 (reversed) | EL-Nikkor 50mm f2.8 N | EL-Nikkor 50mm f4 N | EL-Nikkor 50mm f4 | Bellows | Objectives: LOMO 3.7x 0.11 : 8x 0.20 : 40x 0.65
RiG II - 'Bamboo': Olympus CH Focus Block with Inverted Arca/Swiss | Canon 430 EX (x2) | Olympus T20 flash (x2) | Youngnuo YN-622C Wireless triggers (x3) | Ikea Jansjo 3W LED Lighting (x3)
Stepper Motor Focusing System (Helicon Remote)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic