Microphot Nikon FXA microscope

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

piermicro

Microphot Nikon FXA microscope

Post by piermicro »

Hi everyone!
I have the opportunity to buy a micro FXA and I need to know a few things about it.
1) What is the overall quality of this micro?
2) Is it possible to mount a digital camera like a D 700 on one of the two F-type lateral attacks?
I think that the FXA has its own built-in shutter that should remain open using a D 700. Do you know how to keep the shutter open?
3) The FXA has the illuminator for fluorescence with filter cubes. Depriving a cube by the filters of excitation / barrier, could the illuminator be used as a epiilluminatore? Are there problems that I do not understand?
4) The micro has a capacitor achromatic / aplanatic 1.4 with Nomarski DIC
20/40/100 prisms but It has not the objective prism. Will I be able to find one?
A big thank to all who will give me some advice.
Greetings,

Pier

JohnyM

Post by JohnyM »

1) Don't know. I own labophot 2 and it's outstanding. I suppose microphot is better.
2) No idea. I suppose yes.
3) Sure. You'll need a cube with a halfmirror and UV barrier filter mounted in exciter place.
4) I've got upper DIC prism (actualy a whole nosepiece with DIC slider and analyser), but no DIC condenser. Maybe we could make some agreement.

enricosavazzi

Post by enricosavazzi »

Maybe this can help with respect to question 2:

http://www.boycesci.com/Manuals/Microph ... manual.pdf

Another possibility could be to set a long exposure (a couple of seconds) on the D700 to let the camera vibration subside and then use the built-in microscope shutter for the actual exposure.
--ES

piermicro

Post by piermicro »

.Thank you for the answers and for the instruction manual, very useful.
I'm afraid that the shutter dell'FXA functions only if the micro camera is mounted a specific intended only for this micro.
greetings.

Saul

Post by Saul »

enricosavazzi wrote:Maybe this can help with respect to question 2:

Another possibility could be to set a long exposure (a couple of seconds) on the D700 to let the camera vibration subside and then use the built-in microscope shutter for the actual exposure.
Hi Enrico, do you have updated link ?

enricosavazzi

Post by enricosavazzi »

Saul wrote:
enricosavazzi wrote:Maybe this can help with respect to question 2:

Hi Enrico, do you have updated link ?
Unfortunately, no. The link leads to an empty page also for me. Their whole site is down except for an empty template.
--ES

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic