coverslip test - cheap vs precise one

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Litonotus

coverslip test - cheap vs precise one

Post by Litonotus »

After LONG time and many many troubles with ordering I finally received marienfeld high precision coverslips.

I do not have a very good specimen to make the comaprison but I did a try. there should be excatly the same place compared but it would be alnos impossible to be done.

What I firstly noticed is a difference in colours.

images with NO processing:
my FB page

I'm looking for the the extemely rare V-IM magnification changer for the E800 scope. If you have seen a listing or have one for sale please let me know.

Ichthyophthirius

Post by Ichthyophthirius »

Hi,

That's interesting. Maybe it would be informative if you repeated the test with an object that can be 100% reproduced and is flat (for example, a grid or a stage micrometer).

Also, are the two coverslips supposed to be of the same specification (No. 1.5)?

Litonotus

Post by Litonotus »

I will probably repeat that test soon.

Marienfeld coverslip is No.1.5, the other one is a no-name chinese coverslip with no other specifications than 0,17mm.
my FB page

I'm looking for the the extemely rare V-IM magnification changer for the E800 scope. If you have seen a listing or have one for sale please let me know.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic