Membership JML 20X Purchase

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Blcak

Post by Blcak »

canonian wrote:Wouldn't that add another shipping step? (Sunnking->You->Somewhere-in-Europe->country/address of member on the list)
I cannot see any gain in cost reduction right now, or am I missing something?
Can you --if cheaper-- send it directly to the adress I will PM you?
DHL charges 8.60€ from Germany to most locations in Europe (except... ahem, Switzerland), that's slightly less expensive than the initially quoted shipping costs.
Seems negligible, especially since you need additional packaging material for each.
However, if there are a couple of members within one country, a relay can become reasonable. Within Germany, e.g., there are a couple of options, the cheapest being Hermes with ~4€ per small box.

harisA

Post by harisA »

Rich

I'm also interested if you can send the lens directly to Greece.

Thank you in advance

Haris Antonopoulos

naturephoto1

Post by naturephoto1 »

I am sorry to get back on line so late today after the holiday weekend. I needed to get a bit of rest and back on my feet after the Art Show today.

I have updated the listing of members wanting the lens at this point and I believe that we are now up to 12 interested in my ordering the lenses.

Sunnking still has 75 of the lenses left. I think that I will make my offer on Thursday instead of tomorrow. This will give a little more time for any members to still come forward before I make my offer to make the purchase.

A question comes to mind though, should I order a few extra for any stragglers that want a lens or should I just order the number for each member that has expressed interest?

Rich

abpho

Post by abpho »

That is entirely up to you. It would be coming out of your own pocket. And you would be stuck with them if there are no stragglers. What is the benefit of ordering extra? Saving on the combines shipping?

naturephoto1

Post by naturephoto1 »

abpho wrote:That is entirely up to you. It would be coming out of your own pocket. And you would be stuck with them if there are no stragglers. What is the benefit of ordering extra? Saving on the combines shipping?
That is my main concern that I could be out the cost of possibly 2 extra lenses. But, the benefit could be to anyone outside the US that wants a lens and particularly once all of the lenses have been sold.

Rich

canonian

Post by canonian »

You've got a point, Rich.
Be aware for hoarders, once they discover this JML 20X turns out to be a populair lens.
See what happened with the famous Nikon CFI's, prices went almost tenfold.

No worries yet though, they still seem to have a boatload, and who knows what's in stock after this batch.

..can't hardly wait for it to arrive...
=P~

naturephoto1

Post by naturephoto1 »

As an update, we are now up to 14 lenses to be ordered and I plan to make the offer tomorrow. So if you have not informed me yet, please get your requests in so that I place an order for a sufficient number of lenses.

Rich

johan

Post by johan »

Can I just say a big "thank you" from across the Atlantic. It is very thoughtful of you to organise this.

-Johan
My extreme-macro.co.uk site, a learning site. Your comments and input there would be gratefully appreciated.

Blcak

Post by Blcak »

Very nice! Thank you already! :)

Barry

Post by Barry »

Hi Naturephoto,

If there still is the chance, I am interested too!
Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Barry

naturephoto1

Post by naturephoto1 »

Barry wrote:Hi Naturephoto,

If there still is the chance, I am interested too!
Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Barry
Hi Barry,

No problem. That brings the total now to 15.

Rich

didin22

Post by didin22 »

Hey! I'm Thierry from France and I'm really interrested in buying this lens but I have no clue of the mount it is! Do you know if I can mount it on my om bellows ?

Blcak

Post by Blcak »

didin22 wrote:Hey! I'm Thierry from France and I'm really interrested in buying this lens but I have no clue of the mount it is! Do you know if I can mount it on my om bellows ?
When you take your time to read this thread:
http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... sc&start=0
You'll find that it has an RMS thread and can be mounted on a bellows (222mm extension, if I read correctly).
;)

naturephoto1

Post by naturephoto1 »

didin22 wrote:Hey! I'm Thierry from France and I'm really interrested in buying this lens but I have no clue of the mount it is! Do you know if I can mount it on my om bellows ?
Thierry,

I have put you down with a question mark. Please confirm your interest and I will remove the question mark and you would have the 16th lens. Again, I plan to place the order tomorrow.

Rich

didin22

Post by didin22 »

Blcak wrote:
When you take your time to read this thread:
http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... sc&start=0
You'll find that it has an RMS thread and can be mounted on a bellows (222mm extension, if I read correctly).
;)
Thank you very much for the information.

Richard you can add my name to the list!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic