Excellent Deal on Precision 1mm Pitch Rails - NIB @ $60

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Doppler9000

Excellent Deal on Precision 1mm Pitch Rails - NIB @ $60

Post by Doppler9000 »

No affiliation.

NIB Misumi LX2001A rails 2 @ $60. Five pairs available. I have one of these rails, and they are a bit nicer, in my view, than the THK KR20 rails. This is the premium model, covered, precision grade, low dust raise grease - $980 new.

I asked the seller if he would split them out, but didn’t want to wait on the answer to post the link.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/384510001657? ... SwvRlhl~rE

E68DDE90-8521-4CAB-B686-E4D4525AA10A.jpeg
Last edited by Doppler9000 on Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ray_parkhurst

Re: Excellent Deal on Precision 1mm Pitch Rails - NIB @ $60

Post by ray_parkhurst »

That's a heck of a deal. The EP2 option at the end of the part number indicates they come with 2 proximity sensors, making the final retail $1091.82 each.

No motor, motor mount, or couplers of course.

I may get a pair or two to have around for builds.

Edited to add: I pulled the trigger on two pairs. Total price was $300 including shipping and tax. Great deal. Now I need to get some motor mounts and couplers. I think I'm going to try something new with the motor mounts...rather than making them from scratch, I will try to use one of the angle bracket mounts available on eBay, and drill/tap them for mounting to the rail. Might save a lot of machining work.

Edited to add: I also see blank adapter plates available on eBay for $12.50. Seems expensive since you stil need to drill/tap for the rail, but still saves a lot of machining. I think I will give them a try. See it here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/274852278795?h ... Sw7t5gk4dt

Doppler9000

Post by Doppler9000 »

The seller is willing to sell them separately, if there is interest, and they last…

dolmadis

Post by dolmadis »

All gone. Just two buyers of all 10 available. Nevertheless thanks for the tip.

John

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

Indeed it was a very good tip, and deal, thanks @Doppler9000.

I have never purchased a Misumi rail before, so will be interesting to compare with THK. I expect them to be very similar of course. I would not have been interested except they were precision grade, and new in box. I guess another buyer thought the same thing as they bought 6 of them. Anyway, I'll send out some kind of report.

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

I received the rails today, but unfortunately they were not quite as described. The auction picture shows two boxes, but what is not shown is that one box is marked "Accessories" and only contains some cables and such. What I received when I bought "4" rails was actually only "2". Working on getting money back for the 2 not received. Will update when I know more.

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

Seller relisted another 5 "pairs" of rails. He got back to me after I let him know that he only shipped 2/4, and he said he would send two replacements after TG. I do see that he reduced the available qty from 5 to 3, so it sounds legit, but not sure what he'll do about the guy who bought the other 3 pairs. Sounds good enough that I will open the packages to check out the rails and accessories.

skarabaeus

Post by skarabaeus »

Hi Ray, I bought the other rails. I asked the seller if he could send me the rails to Europe but he refused. I then gave him an address from a friend in Florida. On the Ebay invoice the shipping was stated as 59.97, so I contacted him it would only be a package. Answer from him he would change it. However, the shipping costs on Ebay stayed the same. I have now paid for the goods via Paypal and in the meantime noticed that he set rails again 5pcs and in the text I have 3 packs. The communication from the seller was always very short.

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

skarabaeus wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:13 pm
Hi Ray, I bought the other rails. I asked the seller if he could send me the rails to Europe but he refused. I then gave him an address from a friend in Florida. On the Ebay invoice the shipping was stated as 59.97, so I contacted him it would only be a package. Answer from him he would change it. However, the shipping costs on Ebay stayed the same. I have now paid for the goods via Paypal and in the meantime noticed that he set rails again 5pcs and in the text I have 3 packs. The communication from the seller was always very short.
Well, if he gives me 2 of the 5 packs he has available, and you the other 3, he can make this right.

OccultDemonCassette

Post by OccultDemonCassette »

Would these types of rails be compatible with the Industrial Rail Conversion Kit from MJKZZ?

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

OccultDemonCassette wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:07 am
Would these types of rails be compatible with the Industrial Rail Conversion Kit from MJKZZ?
Maybe, but the misumi has a slightly different motor mount hole pattern then the THK, so you'd need to check with Peter @mjkzz to see if he has a motor mount to fit the misumi pattern.

skarabaeus

Post by skarabaeus »

Hi Ray, did your missing rails arrive? They were as described. My parts have been shipped according to Ebay. No information or answers to queries from the seller. I received a PayPal refund from the seller about 25% of the price.
I'm curious what I get, at least he doesn't offer any more on Ebay.

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

I just received a refund of $120 for two of the rails. He said that his people sold the others while he was out for Thanksgiving. He still owes me the $19.99 shipping for the two rails he didn't ship me. I may need to put in a claim on eBay for the funds.

The two rails I got were indeed as described. Very nice rails, new in sealed packages. Two is better than none, as long as I get my shipping costs back.

Macro_Cosmos

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

Hi Ray,
Open to selling me one of the two? I asked him about the shipping cost of $60 and stripping the packaging, never heard back and got my order cancelled.
His feedback is good, hopefully your issue is resolved.

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

Macro_Cosmos wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:10 pm
Hi Ray,
Open to selling me one of the two? I asked him about the shipping cost of $60 and stripping the packaging, never heard back and got my order cancelled.
His feedback is good, hopefully your issue is resolved.
If he had shipped me 4 I'd probably say yes, but with only 2 I think I want to keep them myself. Plus, aren't you in the EU? Shipping would probably be at least $60 even stripped down.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic