Adding "spacer" between an infinite objective and tube lens

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

mjkzz

Re: Adding "spacer" between an infinite objective and tube lens

Post by mjkzz »

Hypercentric, I think Edmunds sells lenses designed for that. Also Pericentric, the edges go the opposite way, they look out so you can see 360 degrees with pericentric lenses.
360 degrees!!! That is awesome, thanks for the info.

I know NOTHING about this stuff, I think I read something about this effect, could not imagine it in real life, but now here it is. :D

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

mjkzz wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:31 pm
Here is a MUST SEE video (to me) while playing with iris (thanks to ADi) placed in the "infinity space". A "MUST SEE" video if you have not seen what hypercentric effect is :D

https://youtu.be/PtChcgA_cac
That's a good demo.

For explanation, see viewtopic.php?p=50750#p50750 , in the FAQ: Stopping down a lens combo thread.

--Rik

mjkzz

Post by mjkzz »

For explanation, see viewtopic.php?p=50750#p50750
Yup, that is the one and it was done 12 years back!!!

I listened to ADi and tried putting a disk with a small hole between tube lens and a 4X objective (aka China objective), I know this objective is not telecentric, but the stacking results from normal and reversed are almost identical in sizes, suggesting one property of telecentricity is met. So I was rushing to use that iris and finally made it. When I was positioning the camera, I noticed the hypercentric effect. Then the rest :D

Anyways, thanks for all the posts, learned here more than I could ever expect.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic