help posting photos

We offer image hosting in the galleries to all of our members. Please review these simple procedures to host your images in your topics.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

VIP

help posting photos

Post by VIP »

I’m new to this forum and would like to post photos from my Mac, but I don’t know how to. Can you help?
Thanks,
vip

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Re: help posting photos

Post by rjlittlefield »

VIP wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:34 pm
I’m new to this forum and would like to post photos from my Mac, but I don’t know how to. Can you help?
Thanks,
vip
The procedure for posting photos is described at "Image hosting procedures: the short story". That is currently the only other topic in the same forum area where you posted your question.

Posting is done through the browser. It will work the same way on Mac as on PC. There may be slight differences between browsers, even on the same type of computer.

If you have difficulties that you cannot figure out, then please tell us in detail what you have tried and how that process failed.

--Rik

VIP

Post by VIP »

thanks

VIP

Post by VIP »

After I upload the photos, I can't find the "Place inline" button.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

VIP wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:46 pm
After I upload the photos, I can't find the "Place inline" button.
Maybe something went wrong with the upload. Usually problems with the upload will be diagnosed with a popup error, but there may be browser settings that are preventing that.

In the line with the file name, on the right-hand side under STATUS, there should be a green checkmark, like this:

2023-02-21_12-30-41.png

If anything else shows there, then try clicking whatever is there, to get more information about what went wrong.

Also, note that the image posting limits are max 1024 pixels on each side, max file length 300 KB.

If you can get the file to upload correctly, but still cannot find the "Place inline" button, then I suggest to Preview and Submit the posting anyway. If it is not inlined, the attachment will show at the bottom of the post, and then maybe I can see what the difficulty is.

--Rik

VIP

Post by VIP »

thanks

VIP

Post by VIP »

It works fine if I drag and drop.
Thanks

zayniimalik