First image - crustacean in DF

Starting out in microscopy? Post images and ask questions relating to the microscope and get answers from our more advanced users on the subject.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

imkap

First image - crustacean in DF

Post by imkap »

Hi, here is my first image. It is a crustacean, don't know which one. Still alive :!:

Stack of 7 images in Helicon Focus method A

Wild fluotar 3x/0,10, Olympus NFK 2.5x, Sony a6000 (1/2000s, ISO 160)

BH-2 - BHS: improvised darkfield with a sink pipe and a patch in 1.4 achr. apl. condenser...
rak neki.jpg

Harald

Re: First image - crustacean in DF

Post by Harald »

Hi imkap,

I think this is a good start ;)

It seems a little bit dark/under exposed on my calibrated screen

Keep up the good work and keep those images coming :D
Kind Regards
Harald

Lier Fotoklubb / NSFF
AFIAP / CPS
BGF / GMV
http://www.500px.com/blender11

imkap

Post by imkap »

Thanks for the reply, I didn't realise it was dark until I put it here :) that happened to me more than once (not here obviously) .
I should calibrate my monitor too, I'll look into it. I have an Apple Cinema display, with a PC

imkap

Re: Second image - spongy sea being

Post by imkap »

Here is an another one, I enabled the condenser on my BH-2 to go a bit further up, so I think I can get a bit better DF now. I don't know what is on the image, it is some sort of a sea being, looks spongy... I dived some algae out yesterday and this was on the slide. It looked interesting so I made a photo. Would be nice to know what it is.

I think it is better to put all the images in one thread, it seems tidier...

Helicon Focus, but this time with method C (smoothing at 4), I read a bit about these methods. Can't say I understood completely, but made a few tries with different settings and this one looked the best.
+ some Photoshop

I have a trial version of the Helicon Focus, I like the simplicity of the program. Do you have some suggestion for an another program, or should I stick to this one? I installed Zerene too, but liked Helicon more, don't know why. Maybe because of the interface...

Olympus Dplan 10x, Olympus NFK 2.5x, Sony a6000 (1/200s, ISO 400), not sure why I didn't put ISO 100 :mrgreen:

imkap

Post by imkap »

I think it is a Foraminifiera :wink:

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

imkap wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:16 pm
Do you have some suggestion for an another program, or should I stick to this one?
I suggest to take a look at Picolay, http://picolay.de/ . I think it will do good work for your needs, and it has the advantage of being free for non-commercial use. I have no idea whether the user interface will fit your tastes.

--Rik

imkap

Post by imkap »

rjlittlefield wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:29 pm
imkap wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:16 pm
Do you have some suggestion for an another program, or should I stick to this one?
I suggest to take a look at Picolay, http://picolay.de/ . I think it will do good work for your needs, and it has the advantage of being free for non-commercial use. I have no idea whether the user interface will fit your tastes.

--Rik
Thanks, I'll try it

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic