Photography Problem

Starting out in microscopy? Post images and ask questions relating to the microscope and get answers from our more advanced users on the subject.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

RodgerC

Photography Problem

Post by RodgerC »

This is the setup I have with the exception being that my cameral is the Panasonic LumixG7. I have it set to photograph without the lens. I'm not sure why when I turn the cameral on I see nothing. I've tried each mode. I just cannot get anything to show on my LCD. I'm sure I'm overlooking the obvious. This is my first post and first time trying anything like this. I have an Olympus BH 2 as my microscope. I have had fantastic success photographing thru the lense using my Galaxy Note 10 phone. But for some reason can't figure this out. The subject is bright and in focus looking thru the lenses. I am using live view also. Thanks for your help.
Rodger

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!! Yep...I overlooked the obvious...I just installed the new trinocular head onto my scope and forgot to pull out the knob on the side of the head to allow the image to be seen on the camera. Now on to do some photography!!!
Last edited by RodgerC on Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tom Jones

Post by Tom Jones »

Check the position of the prism position push-pull control rod on the right side of the head. It has three positions, one is all image light to the eyepieces, one is split eyepieces and trinocular port, the last is trinocular port only. You're probably on eyepieces only.

RodgerC

Post by RodgerC »

Tom Jones wrote:Check the position of the prism position push-pull control rod on the right side of the head. It has three positions, one is all image light to the eyepieces, one is split eyepieces and trinocular port, the last is trinocular port only. You're probably on eyepieces only.
Yes sir, you were exactly right. Overlooked the obvious....Thanks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic