Best way to get started with the EQ I currently have

Starting out in microscopy? Post images and ask questions relating to the microscope and get answers from our more advanced users on the subject.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

lazyeye

Best way to get started with the EQ I currently have

Post by lazyeye »

Greetings,

This is a subject I've been interested in for many years, but have always strayed away for one reason or another. I currently have a decent bag for everyday shooting, plus some light macro work. In the past I have combined my macro lens with my extension tubes and got some decent results photographing paper money and coinage with off camera lighting. Haven't tried it with bugs or anything else yet.

I watched Mr Krebs Creative Live course and got an understanding on some of the basics, but I was looking to the community to help me get started with a relatively small budget.

Here's what I currently have to work with:

Canon 5D MKII
100mm Canon EF Macro 2.8
24-70mm Canon L Series 2.8
Kenko Extension Tubes 12mm+20mm+36mm
45mm TS-E Tilt Shift Lens 2.8 (dunno how this would work in this field, but I'll just throw it in there)
Tamron 75-300mm 4-5.6
Nikon SB-800 Speedlite
2 x Nikon SB-80 Speedlites
White Lightning 1600 Studio Strobe
Radiopop Wireless Triggers

Is there a combination of reverse mounting and/or extension tubes and/or (reasonably priced) objective that would work well for a nice 5-10x setup?

Is there a trinocular microscope solution that would work well (out of the box)?

I am looking to get up and running for ~$500 additional equipment to work with my current bag.

Can anyone offer any solutions?

I appreciate your help in advance, and thanks for taking the time out for a newb. Please be gentile while photography isn't foreign to me, this new world is!

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Since this has now been cross-posted, let's discuss in your other thread at https://www.photomacrography.net/forum/ ... 564#251564 .

I'll lock this thread to prevent confusion.

--Rik

Locked Previous topicNext topic