Horse Ascaris egg mitosis

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Olympusman

Horse Ascaris egg mitosis

Post by Olympusman »

Horse Ascaris egg mitosis A.jpg
Horse Ascaris egg mitosis B.jpg
Horse Ascaris egg mitosis C.jpg
Horse Ascaris egg mitosis D.jpg
Horse Ascaris egg mitosis E.jpg
Michael Reese Much FRMS EMS Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA

Ramos Kenneth D

Re: Horse Ascaris egg mitosis

Post by Ramos Kenneth D »

Interesting :-k It is near unfathomable just how much nuclear DNA there is in each chromosome, let alone how we can manipulate it to do the wishes of humankind, e.g., CRISPR. Though the former has nothing to do with the Horse Ascaris egg mitosis images, it was just a thought that fell out here on the desk and went to kicking its feet around begging for attention. Nice images, better than the onion root tip (Allium) slides that I once had, which faded out after a couple of years.

Olympusman

Post by Olympusman »

The grain kind of bothered me and then I noticed I had the ISO on the camera at 400. Dropped it down to 200. Also, some of these commercial slides like the ones from my recently purchased Celestron set seem to use stains that promote graininess.

Mike
Michael Reese Much FRMS EMS Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA

Ramos Kenneth D

Post by Ramos Kenneth D »

Olympusman wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:14 pm
The grain kind of bothered me and then I noticed I had the ISO on the camera at 400. Dropped it down to 200. Also, some of these commercial slides like the ones from my recently purchased Celestron set seem to use stains that promote graininess.

Mike
Usually when I shoot micro, I try to keep the pixel size down, maybe to around 640 or even 800 at the largest or longest side, then I don't experience as much of a problem with grain/noise. Still the shots look great to me.

Bob-O-Rama

Post by Bob-O-Rama »

Those are the type of eggs you don't want in your egg salad. I think a lot of that grain is just just inherent in the staining, there is actually a lot of structure to cytoplasm. You have some very eggciting images from this and your other recent eggsplorations.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic