A picture a day, or two

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

pbraub

A picture a day, or two

Post by pbraub »

Dear fellow microscopists,

i have not come around to post much content in the last months, even the last year. For one, I have the pleasure to enjoy working with a microscope all day; also we have moved into our house just about a year ago and there is still just so much that needs to be doing. My microscope is mostly set up, but moving boxes have piled up in front, both literally and physically.

To get back in the habit of making (nice) pictures I want to show exemplary images of "what i have seen today". Also I want to encourage you to ask questions or suggest topics and I will do my best to find an image for the next day - if this does not bother you.

Kind regards
Peter

First off is a ganglion cell (peripheral nervous system). These buggers are very large and have a prominent nucleolus. They sometimes give beginners a scare :-)
Eventually, if you look to long in the microscope, something is looking back (H&E stain, 40x sapo obj. na0.95, 2x mag changer on olympus sc50 camera, moderate unsharp mask)
ggl_hep.jpg

Second (i was on frozen section duty today) is an image from a frozen section of today . The quality is inferior to the formalin fixed and paraffin embedded histology shown above. It shows cells of a malignant tumor in a lymph node. We do not know what kind of tumor it is, yet... In the center you can see two mitoses. (Frozen section, H&E stain, 40x sapo obj. na0.95, 2x mag changer on olympus sc50 camera, moderate unsharp mask)
Image_91.jpg

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic