Paracetamol XPL

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Macro_Cosmos

Paracetamol XPL

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

Trippy! 10x oly with retarder.

houstontx

Re: Paracetamol XPL

Post by houstontx »

I like it! is this with or without coverslip? I notice theres some dark spots on the right side, is that dust on your camera/optics or dust on the crystals?

When making crystal melts or solutions I really try to filter them thru coffee filter and make sure no dust lands on the slide when crystallizing. Prevents dark black seed spots. Not sure how else to get clean crystal structures

Macro_Cosmos

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

houstontx wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:45 am
I like it! is this with or without coverslip? I notice theres some dark spots on the right side, is that dust on your camera/optics or dust on the crystals?

When making crystal melts or solutions I really try to filter them thru coffee filter and make sure no dust lands on the slide when crystallizing. Prevents dark black seed spots. Not sure how else to get clean crystal structures
Coverslip was used. These slides were made by a mate in South Australia. I have several of them. I'm using a 10x objective with relatively low power, so the coverslip shouldn't matter too much. I think the solution was made on the microscope slide rather than the coverslip, which in theory will impact image quality.

He's going to teach me how to make them when there's less stuff going on. The black spots are impurities in the slides.

I'm guessing paracetamol pills are ground and then mixed with alcohol to crystallise. Shouldn't be hard to make.

Sumguy01

Post by Sumguy01 »

=D> Very nice.
Thanks for sharing.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic