NEW Parasite Image Database - The Monster Hunter's Guide!

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

SunshineLW

NEW Parasite Image Database - The Monster Hunter's Guide!

Post by SunshineLW »

Here is a parasite image database that I have been working on in my free time. My goal was to create a resource that could help with identification of parasites of veterinary and human significance. The website contains more than 3,000 images taken with stereomicroscope and compound microscope. The majority of the images are focus-stacked micrographs. Please, check it out if you are interested. Bookmark the site if you think it will come in handy:

http://www.veterinaryparasitology.com

Here is a sample of what the database has to offer:

Trypanosoma congolense trypomastigotes, blood smear, 1,000x magnification, 10 um scale bar, stack of 7 exposures:

Oestrus ovis (aka., sheep bot fly, sheep nose bot fly, sheep nasal fly) larva, stack of 13 exposures:

I have also started an infrequent parasite newsletter. You can sign up for the newsletter on the homepage of the Monster Hunter's website. Here is an example of the first newsletter: https://static-promote.weebly.com/share ... 1898214e25

houstontx

Post by houstontx »

nice website!

WalterD

Post by WalterD »

Hi Lance,

Congratulations with your new site, it looks good!
It must have been a lot of work to compile with all these photos and text for reference. I'm glad there are all sorts of online resources for determination nowadays.

Regards,

Walter

SunshineLW

Post by SunshineLW »

houstontx wrote:nice website!
Thank you for the compliment, houstontx!

SunshineLW

Post by SunshineLW »

WalterD wrote:Hi Lance,

Congratulations with your new site, it looks good!
It must have been a lot of work to compile with all these photos and text for reference. I'm glad there are all sorts of online resources for determination nowadays.

Regards,

Walter
Thank you, WalterD. It seems like I have been working on it nonstop in my free time, but it is a rewarding hobby. Especially since I am sharing it with people whom are as kind and receptive as yourself. Thanks for checking it out!

- Lance

Jacek

Post by Jacek »

Good job !

dmillard

Post by dmillard »

Very nice!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic