Exhibition prints (Image added)

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

steveminchington

Exhibition prints (Image added)

Post by steveminchington »

I thought I would share these images with you that I submitted to a local exhibition in a gallery. The exhibition was titled "Art of Type" and had work from a number of artists on the theme of type, fonts, words and letters. My exhibit was a collection of letters from objects I had around the house, none of which were bigger than 2mm. Together they spelled the word "Autism"... why? because I am autistic, and to me it expressed the attention to detail people with autism exhibit. Also I was hoping to raise some money from the sale of limited edition prints, for the National Autistic Society, but unfortunately, I didn't sell any.
The images are not stacked, but stitched from up to 12 separate images.
The A is from the ipad display; U is the u out of Fujifilm on the back of my little camera; T is the t of Two Pence on a coin; I is a printed character from a magazine page; S is the s of Swiss Made from the inside of a watch back; M is the m of Made in Germany on a knife blade. I will post a picture of the work hanging in the gallery tomorrow as I will exceed my limit of 6 images if I do it now.

This is the work installed in the exhibition. At the bottom there are a number of small mounted images of the items that the letters came from with the actual letter highlighted in a red box.

Last edited by steveminchington on Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Interesting work, Steve - go ahead with the images ;)

carlos.uruguay

Post by carlos.uruguay »

Beautiful images. Thanks for sharing them

Marek Mis

Post by Marek Mis »

Hello Steve,

Very interesting project and nice exhibit ! The images are very good. It is a pity you did not sell anything. Selling micrographs is not so simple :(
Thank you for sharing and for the story on each of these letters :)

All the best

Marek

steveminchington

Post by steveminchington »

Thank you for your comments Chris, Carlos and Marek

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic