First post here.....something different.

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

harisA

First post here.....something different.

Post by harisA »

First of all i woud like to express my deepest gratitude to all people here who share their knowledge with us ,the less experienced.
The photo above is a dvd recorder reading sensor chip.Image

nikon e-plan 10x cfi olympus e400

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

harisA, welcome aboard! :D

The image is very interesting. I find myself wanting to see more detail. Can you post a closer crop also?

--Rik

Craig Gerard

Post by Craig Gerard »

An interesting chip with many fascinating lines and precise structure.

A definite inspiration for a visual arts display :)

Craig
To use a classic quote from 'Antz' - "I almost know exactly what I'm doing!"

SONYNUT

Post by SONYNUT »

40 years ago that would take up many rooms of big tape machines...technology has come a long way
Just shoot it......

Simon W

Post by Simon W »

nice, but yeah, get closer! I'm new here too, suddenly I'm stooping at the train platform, looking for little objects!

I have an old graphics card with some beefy chips, I was going to throw it away until this site gave me lots of ideas, so I'm keeping it for a date with my hammer..
Simon W
EOS 5D Mk 3; Olympus BH-2; Zerene Stacker
Melbourne, Australia

harisA

Post by harisA »

thank you all...yes the picture would be better with an 20x objextive but i don't have one.
Here is an 100% cropImage

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Lovely! This crop gives me a good feel for how much info is getting captured by your 10X objective. Nothing to be ashamed of there. It's a bit blurred at actual pixels, but that's typical at high mag. Also IC's are notoriously difficult to illuminate, and you've done a good job there.

I am curious about the large diamond-shaped structures in the middle of the chip. You mention that these are from a "dvd recorder reading sensor chip", but I am not familiar with that technology. Do you happen to know how it works, or could you provide a pointer to some discussion?

Hhmm, just noticed... You say "e-plan 10x cfi". Is that one of the beasts shown HERE?

What scope are you using (if any), and how are you coupling the Olympus E-400 to the objective?

--Rik

harisA

Post by harisA »

rjlittlefield wrote:Lovely! This crop gives me a good feel for how much info is getting captured by your 10X objective. Nothing to be ashamed of there. It's a bit blurred at actual pixels, but that's typical at high mag. Also IC's are notoriously difficult to illuminate, and you've done a good job there.

I am curious about the large diamond-shaped structures in the middle of the chip. You mention that these are from a "dvd recorder reading sensor chip", but I am not familiar with that technology. Do you happen to know how it works, or could you provide a pointer to some discussion?

HI Ric and thank you for your good words.
if you mean the large black squares these are photodiodes where the laser beam is focused.

Hhmm, just noticed... You say "e-plan 10x cfi". Is that one of the beasts shown HERE?
Yes these ones although i consider them mediocre.
What scope are you using (if any), and how are you coupling the Olympus E-400 to the objective?
NIKON ECLIPSE 400,.Due to lack of a trinocular head i use an old nikkor 200mm/4 as tube lens.--Rik

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

harisA wrote:Yes these ones although i consider them mediocre.
The CFI E Plans are quite inexpensive. I think that one is about $115 at full list price.
NIKON ECLIPSE 400,.Due to lack of a trinocular head i use an old nikkor 200mm/4 as tube lens.
Just want to make sure I understand what's going on here... So, you removed the objective from the microscope and stuck it on the end of 200mm/4 that was mounted on the camera?

--Rik

harisA

Post by harisA »

Just want to make sure I understand what's going on here... So, you removed the objective from the microscope and stuck it on the end of 200mm/4 that was mounted on the camera?

--Rik[/quote]

Actually the oposite.I remove the binocular head and i adapt the olympus e400 with the nikkor tele on the microscope.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

harisA wrote:
rjlittlefield wrote:Just want to make sure I understand what's going on here... So, you removed the objective from the microscope and stuck it on the end of 200mm/4 that was mounted on the camera?
Actually the oposite.I remove the binocular head and i adapt the olympus e400 with the nikkor tele on the microscope.
Now I am a little puzzled. In the microscope, is the tube lens a part of the binocular head, so that it comes off with the rest of the head and you're left with just the objective, no other lenses? For no particular reason, I guess I assumed that the tube lens was mounted below the binocular head and would stay in place when you pulled the head.

--Rik

harisA

Post by harisA »

Exactly Ric. The binocular head is totally removed so the the optical system is :objective-nikkor200mm (as tube lens)-sensor.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Excellent -- thanks for the info.

--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic