2 Rotifers

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Wim van Egmond

2 Rotifers

Post by Wim van Egmond »

I have taken my first pictures of the year but first some images from the archive. I shoot faster than I can archive. :)

The first rotifer is strangely asymmetrical. I have seen this too in a sample I collected last week with Keratella which all have the same dissymmetry. Could it be that it is an advantage to swim in circles?

The second image is just to add a bit more colour. :)

Wim

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Wim,
Wonderful Ptygura!

twebster

Post by twebster »

Beautiful images, Wim! :) I especially like the second image. Does that rotifer create an external tube to retract into?
Tom Webster

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

The worst day photographing dragonflies is better than the best day working! :)

Wim van Egmond

Post by Wim van Egmond »

Thank you, and great to hear from you Tom. How are you? I hope you are doing well and are still busy photographing.

Charlie, also nice to hear from you, of course. I wil try to post more but I am a bit torn apart by too many different types of work. But I am working on a new macro set up to do super macro, also in the field. I hope it will work. When I have it working (may take some weeks) I will put some images on the forum. It is fun to see all the different solutions of our forum members. I have a slightly different solution but that is because I mostly try to use with equipment that I already have (not that much) I did all the stacking with 1 objective, a leitz photar. But I bought a nikon CF 10X (from Jean-Marc!) so I will experiment with the higher magnifications.

Wim

Mitch640

Post by Mitch640 »

Really nice images. One thing about going in circles, you never get far from home. :)

arturoag75

Post by arturoag75 »

Stunning shots :shock: !
Arturo

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic